Awards presentation from the Nationals and photos of the models

Posted the awards presentation from the banquet and the photos of most of the models from the Nationals to the SVSM site as usual.

Model photos:

http://svsm.org/gallery/columbus2015

Awards presentation:

http://svsm.org/gallery/columbus2015-winners

This is the slide show from the awards presentation. The winners are posted in the reverse order - after the slide with the name of the category next model is the third place winner then second and then first.

Vladimir

• Like 4

Another home run effort Vlad! Kudos to you and your staff (if you have one!).

GIL :smiley16:

Special thanks goes to John Heck, Chris Bucholtz and Randy Ray for helping with photography during Friday judging. Wouldn't happen without them.

Thank you for doing your job Vladimir putting together another excellent slide show for the Awards Ceremony and making it available in the Gallery. However as far as the complete awards presentation, this only provides the pictures of the winners and not the actual names and descriptions. I suspect we will have to wait a while for the official results to be out or until the National Journal edition to find out who the actual winners were from the show.

If Vlad were to add the description and names to each of the awards presentation "slides", it'd make it impossible for him to get them done on time for the banquet! Unless we spring for a lot more help, or a better, easier technology, I don't see this changing any time soon.

If you have a specific category or award you're wondering about, simply ask. Chances are, someone will know and be able to post an answer. Until then, the Journal is the place we'll see everything in one place at one time.

Edited by ghodges

Thank you for doing your job Vladimir putting together another excellent slide show for the Awards Ceremony and making it available in the Gallery. However as far as the complete awards presentation, this only provides the pictures of the winners and not the actual names and descriptions. I suspect we will have to wait a while for the official results to be out or until the National Journal edition to find out who the actual winners were from the show.

Unfortunately, as Gil said, if I was to put text on the slides the awards presentation would most likely be held on Monday :).

As to putting the text to the slideshow in the gallery, it can be done, but I really don't have several days to spend on adding the description under each slide. If someone want to volunteer to do that on the IPMS site, I can share the slides and the list of the winners with them and let them do it.

Vladimir

I didn't expect Vladimir to put that all together especially this quickly and I agree it is not his job. However the info is out there so it would be nice for the NCC to post the official winner list in the coming days so we would be able to put a name with the winning model while it is fresh in everyone's minds. I know for local shows in the next few months it would be nice to have a reference in case a club has a rule in place restricting entries in local shows that have been National winners.

Vladimir--I would be happy to put that info together. Rather than complain, I would be more than happy to do my part to make it happen. PM me and lets make it happen.

Only need the list of winners and the categories and I can match them to the slide show.

With the lists of winners is there a count of the models in each category (Dave Koukol was asking on a different thread). For my local show I have the judges include a count of the category just so we have a record of the number of entries in every class. That is really helpful for future planning and for entrants to find underrepresented classes. If you don't have that, I am sure I should be able to get the data from the NCC.

With the lists of winners is there a count of the models in each category (Dave Koukol was asking on a different thread). For my local show I have the judges include a count of the category just so we have a record of the number of entries in every class. That is really helpful for future planning and for entrants to find underrepresented classes. If you don't have that, I am sure I should be able to get the data from the NCC.

I haven't looked at it, but I don't think so. There are only the category winners there. I assume that NCC has the numbers, but they are in a different document somewhere.

Sent you a PM.

Vladimir

Actually, IF they (Bill and Aris) were reading the winners straight off of the judging sheets (thumbing through the notebook compilation, as usual), then the number of models in the category IS on each page. However, those numbers would not be transposed to any other winners list compiled from the original judging sheets.

At this point, Eileen or Mark Persechetti probably has that notebook and access to those numbers. I believe those numbers are recorded and compiled for comparison by the NCC at one time or another, but not sure if they (the NCC) has that info at their fingertips to send out to others. Never hurts to ask them though!

Edited by ghodges

Actually, IF they (Bill and Aris) were reading the winners straight off of the judging sheets (thumbing through the notebook compilation, as usual), then the number of models in the category IS on each page. However, those numbers would not be transposed to any other winners list compiled from the original judging sheets.

At this point, Eileen or Mark Persechetti probably has that notebook and access to those numbers. I believe those numbers are recorded and compiled for comparison by the NCC at one time or another, but not sure if they (the NCC) has that info at their fingertips to send out to others. Never hurts to ask them though!

I've seen it - there are no numbers of models per category in that book. I'm sure they do have the numbers, but they are in some different location.

Vladimir

Thanks to Vladimir Yakabov providing me the winners list on Tuesday, 7/29/15, and Vladimir posting the awards slide show on his Silicon Valley Scale Modelers site, here are links to the slide show and the results from the Columbus Nationals last week, July 22-25, 2015.

Click on the links below to the Silicon Valley Scale Modelers Gallery page which has the 2015 IPMS/USA Nationals in Columbus, OH slide show from the awards presentation. The winners are posted in the reverse order - after the slide with the name of the category next model is the third place winner then second and then first. This will open in a separate window.
In addition, here are two different PDF files that have the model descriptions, modeler, and city & state of the winner.
This one is in Slide Show order. I suggest you open this on a second screen if you can and go through the slide show to match the winners to the model pictures.
This one is arranged in finish order going from First place to Third place in every category. This list lends itself better to printing.

(Subpage for posting Nationals Results courtesy of Oregon Historical Modelers Society: IPMS-Portland.org)

I did find the list had one missing winner's name. It is 3rd place from Category 112, a Bf-110E in Winter Camouflage (it is slide # 112 and here is the picture:

post-72-0-40519000-1438330241_thumb.jpg

Has anyone taken and posted their photos of the Special National Awards presentations at the Banquet - Chapter, Newsletter, Webpage/WebMaster, etc of the Year?

This has been overlooked in previous years and i hope not this year.

I did find the list had one missing winner's name. It is 3rd place from Category 112, a Bf-110E in Winter Camouflage (it is slide # 112 and here is the picture:

attachicon.gif112_1-Needs Name.jpg

I remember at the Awards dinner that there was one model that Aris said had no name of the form...

The builders name WAS left off of the bottom of the entry form for the 3rd place Bf-110. I know because our team judged it and I filled out the judging form listing the winners. I made a note on the sheet pointing to the "blank" line, made SURE that the entry# WAS included, and handed in the form. The people handling the recording should have simply gone to the registration notebook, looked up the #, found his name and added it to the judging form. Obviously, that failed to happen before the awards presentation was put together, but the info IS available to figure it out (though, since he probably picked up the award beside his model, he sees no reason to worry about it).

Oddly, when we judged our next category I noticed the same guy had another model in that category too, recognizing the same bright blue ink he used to fill out his forms. I checked, and his name WAS on that model entry form, but by then the previous form had been handed in for an hour and I had no idea who had it or where it was by that time.

Gil :smiley16:

Good news -- the mystery of the modeler that built the Bf-110 in Category 112 is solved. The modeler is Tim Bates from Dalton, GA. MJ was key to finding him based on the IPMS# and the result is confirmed by checking for that distinctive blue ink on other entry sheets of models on other winning models in the Slide Show pictures.