Schmitz

What won best of show?

Due to complications beyond my control, I got to spend just 1 day at the nats and had to leave before the awards, definitely not enough...

Can someone tell us what the big winners were?

Thanks!

Don

Edited by Schmitz

Best in show was a super detailed P-47 which also won best aircraft

Most popular was the rigged HMS Bounty. Best Misc was the U-boat shadowboxes. Best Armor was a Stryker. Best Figure and Ship, I am not sure

Vlad will have the full presentation up soon I think

Two people were awarded life Membership- John Noack and Ralph Forehand

Chapter of the Year is Albequerque

Omaha was awarded the 2017 Nats

The rest is a blur sorry

Dave

Thanks Dave. A friend told me I had to see the p-47, but I thought he said b-47 and never did find one of those:) I'll have to wait for the pix.

Best Ship was a Gallery Models 1/350, Intrepid Best Figure was a small scale Santa clause and the Best Diorama was a WW1 trench diorama with a tank and 3 Germen masked soldiers. I;m sure pics will be up soon

Jim

Ah, heck, not another friggin airplane! :mad: Just kidding! :smiley2: Congats to Mark from IPMS San Diego. If I recall that is the second Best model at Nat's that clubs members have produced in the last several years. Great looking Jug!

Ralph Forehand Webmaster of the Year is Chris Bumgarner (Wright Field Scale Modelers) - for the second consecutive year. Congrats, Chris!