wedfactory

New Jersey in 1/350 scale

Ok I am stepping well outside my comfort zone on this build. This will be only the third ship I have built. So I go and choose the New Jersey with after market PE set and metal barrels and wood deck on order. The first night's work.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Hi, Warren,

I have to admit I do not build ships often (unless sci-fi space ships count), so I admire your diving into unfamiliar waters here. What is the base kit for this project? Is this a USS Missouri kit that you are switching to the USS New Jersey just to have an alternative vessel from the Iowa Class?

I will be a visitor to this page every time you post an update. I need to learn some things from you. Good luck!

Ed

This is the Tamiya 1/350 New Jersey. It is the late New Jersey with tomahawks and blackhawks.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Turret #2, still have to wait on the metal barrels i ordered before I can fully finish each turret.

Guest PetrolGator

Are you going to replace the ladders? You really should replace the ladders.

Ladders? Guess I should look into that. Wouldn't want to miss that now would I?

Guest PetrolGator

With the beautiful work on the turrets, absolutely not!

Guest PetrolGator

Very nice. What are you using for blast bags?

Six more turrets finished. These are the remaining 5" turrets on the modern New Jersey. They removed 4 turrets to make room for the cruise missile launchers. They also removes all the smaller AA guns. So now all the turrets are complete.

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

Ok the first round of painting is done. Will look at it again tomorrow to see where the touch ups are needed.

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg