Contestant Rules

Hi All,

I have a general question that I couldn't find the answer to in the contest rules page. So, here we go.

Can a model, started by one modeler and finished by another, be entered into the contest?

My father started a KV-2 tank many years ago, but can't build today due to MS. I'm finishing it for him and was wondering if it could be entered.

Thanks,

John

That said......the rule is intended to prevent someone from gaining an advantage by letting a more skilled friend build a part of something that they can do better than yourself, while you build the part that you do best at, combining for a better result than you could have achieved by yourself.

The rule is NOT intended to disqualify every model started by one person and then passed on or sold to someone else. If so, then you could never enter any model you bought in a vendors area or at an auction which had started stuff in it.

IPMSUSA relies on the honor system for its entries. My advice, as a long time judge, is to simply ask yourself which set of circumstances listed above applies to the model in question. If you can honestly say to yourself that it's YOUR effort, despite having some parts already started by the previous owner, then enter it and say nothing.

GIL :smiley16:

If you just want to get it in the contest, maybe buy two memberships and enter it as a group entry? It's not your typical group entry, but I think it meets the letter of the rule.