1/32 Resin T-28

ghodges

wow - that is an amazing amount of work and a fantastic job!!

Can't wait to see it complete. :smiley20:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words Jesse. Frankly, at this point I'm ready to see this long-in-the-tooth project complete too! :smiley13:

Started it in May and thought it'd take 2 or 3mos tops. Well, at least the orange is fitting for Halloween! :smiley17: Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Prop is built....

100_2379.jpg

100_2380.jpg

But it's not "done" yet. Top pic shows assembled prop. Bottom pic shows components. Kit resin blades with a hub from the bottomless (seemingly) spares box. Note the floral wire "pins" in the base of each blade. This will allow me to paint and finish each blade and then assemble the prop. The Tamiya white primer should be a perfect start for those white/red/white blade tips! Cheers!

100_2431.jpg

Got some plumbing into the gear wells. Used 2 sizes of black wire and some solder. The "brackets" are Squadron Skin (the original adhesive backed foil) cut into strips and stuck in place. I used the same technique to add the brakelines to the main gear (no pics).

100_2435.jpg

Canopy is glued on and ready to be sanded and faired in. It still needs to be painted black.

The finish line is in sight! Hopefully one more week will "get 'er done"! Cheers!

Edited by ghodges

Markings are on!

100_2441.jpg

Prop is also painted. The shark mouth should probably be more yellow in its background, but hey, ya gotta go with the markings provided as there aren't any "aftermarket" T-28 Trojan sheets in 1/32! I'll be putting the final wash on tomorrow. Cheers!

Great job, Gil. Looks awesome. Looking forward to the finale on all three wheels. :smiley20::smiley4: Model on, Plastic Resinator.

Edited by Weedeater