The Duke Completes Five More Armor Models

Mark Deliduka

A couple days ago I finally was able to finish five more armor models and free up more space on my workbench. All of these are the latest Japanese Ground Self Defense Force vehicles offered by Fujimi and Aoshima. I'm thrilled to be adding to my Japanese Army.

The first model, Aoshioma's Type 73 3-ton cargo truck:

Japanese_Type_73_Cargo_Truck_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_73_Cargo_Truck_II.jpg

I dusted it up quite a bit, but it doesn't show well in these pics. Here's some of the weathering in the bed of the truck:

Japanese_Type_73_Cargo_Truck_III.jpg

Just for fun, I loaded it with some Value Gear cargo to see how well it looks loaded down:

Japanese_Type_73_Cargo_Truck_IV.jpg

Next up is the 3.5-ton Japanese SAM truck:

Japanese_3_5_Ton_SAM_Truck_I.jpg

I'm not sure why the window looks so messed up. It didn't look that bad when I removed the masking.

Japanese_3_5_Ton_SAM_Truck_II.jpg

She was a toughie, but she's finally done.

Next is the 3.5-ton Radar truck that supports the missile truck:

Japanese_3_5_Ton_Radar_Truck_I.jpg

Japanese_3_5_Ton_Radar_Truck_II.jpg

I did notice the silvered decals. Those were dealt with accordingly.

It may not be completely accurate, but I do like the look of this control panel:

Japanese_3_5_Ton_Radar_Truck_III.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole SAM system together:

Japanese_SAM_System_.jpg

Next up was this little "Japanese Ontos" or "baby Ontos" as others called it. This is one of the Japanese Type 60 106mm Self Propelled Recoilless guns. This one is completed in firing mode, whereas the other will be done in travel mode:

Japanese_Type_60_SP_Recoilless_Gun_Firin

I actually completed this with the upper hull and engine covers removable so the interior can be seen. The other one will most likely be cemented shut.

Last but not least, this is my Type 10 with Dozer blade mounted. My previous Type 10 was supposed to have a dozer blade on it, but it fell down off the table. A couple vital pieces that were supposed to hold the dozer blade on the tank disappeared so it was built as a regular tank. I bought and built this one to replace it:

Japanese_Type_10_MBT_with_Dozer_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_10_MBT_with_Dozer_II.jpg

Just for fun, here's a size comparison of the little Type 60 106mm Self Propelled Recoilless gun and the Type 10 Main Battle Tank:

Modern_Japanese_Armor_I.jpg

You can see where the upper hull slipped a little when I took this pic, but it is done. Maybe some day I'll glue it down.

Okay, that's all my models I've completed so far. This now brings me to 675 completed armor models in 1/72 scale.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Nice variety, Mark! You must buy olive drab by the gallon... :m1helmet: