Paint Removal

I used up the last of my Easy Lift-Off and haven't seen anything like it on the hobby store shelves for years. Is it out of production now? Are there any substitutes or better products out there?

While I have heard of the items listed, the only one I have used in the past is the automotive brake fluid. The downside is that it isn't that cheap for a large bottle, but you can re-use it. Clean up can be tricky if you're not careful, but I've used it with good results in the past.

Never picked up some of the other items, but have read good things about some of them.

I poured a bottle of 'Purple Power' paint stripper into a small Rubbermaid crisper and that has worked like a champ.

I used up the last of my Easy Lift-Off and haven't seen anything like it on the hobby store shelves for years. Is it out of production now? Are there any substitutes or better products out there?

Looks like it's still available :smiley17:

Check out: http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/flo/flof542143.htm :smiley20:

Ahh, ELO - now there was a band......

I use oven cleaner - easy, cheap and available in local grocery stores.

Paul,

Once again you show yourself to be a man of taste. I attended the "Out of the Blue", "Time" and one other of their concert tours. All were fantastic.

Ralph,

I think you are correct. My local hobby shop has it. I've used it before and like it.

You can also buy it from www.micromark.com . I just bought a can last month so they still have it.

Thanks for the update guys.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a can of this & try it next time I need to remove some paint.

I have to admit that I've always been leery of using ELO on a model, for fear it will "Turn to Stone." :)

Jim

I have to admit that I've always been leery of using ELO on a model, for fear it will "Turn to Stone." :)

Jim

That's a New World Record for an Out Of The Blue answer......

Time!

Paul,

Stop tying to shift the Balance of Power with your Secret Messages. Soon you will have to Face the Music.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Testors still have ELO for purchase on their website. Personally, I love the stuff. I've used it to remove lacquer, enamel and acrylic based paints without any adverse effects to the plastic. If anyone hasn't tried it, give it a shot. You'll like it.

-Jesse