Hello from Dennis Nordman, Lake Villa, IL

I haven't built any plastic models for over 35 years. I design real coin-operated pinball machines and I've started building custom dollhouses (or miniature houses.) I have kits of all the fighters that my father flew when based at Columbus, Ohio in the 1950s. Been going to build them for years. It's finally dawned on me that I'm not getting any younger, so I'd better get started! I was inspired to join the forum when I surfed across an article by an IPMS member who built a Hellcat based in Columbus.

Dave Koukol, IPMS# 46287 I'd love to find someone who might have the decal set that he used. I believe my father flew that actual plane. (#3)

I've attached a color photo that my father took from the cockpit, also one of the actual #3 plane. Also attached a couple photos of my custom dollhouses.

Looking forward to starting these kits and to meeting any modelers in the Lake Villa, IL area.

post-2844-0-42702700-1432139431_thumb.jpg

post-2844-0-47931600-1432139459_thumb.jpg

post-2844-0-33150500-1432139512_thumb.jpg

post-2844-0-98883900-1432139568_thumb.jpg

I guess I did something wrong, I don't have permission to view the pics I posted. :unsure:

Welcome Dennis, I can view your pics just fine. Very nice work, you will do your Dad's plane justice, no doubt.

Thanks, Jon. I just did a little research and learned I'm supposed to use an image hosting service. I uploaded those pics from my computer. I wonder why you can see them and I cant? And why can you even see them? And why did it let me do that? And..... darn newbies! :huh:

Welcome Dennis!

As far as posting photos here, I'll leave it to our webmaster, Eric, to chime in. I can tell you that using a hosting service like Flickr or Smugmug (which are free) will allow you to post photos on a variety of Web sites with only one download. For some reason, hosted photos appear larger in the forums than those you upload. Most hosting sites have generous amounts of free storage space for your photos. Flicker has one terabyte of free storage.

There should still be a how-to for doing that here on the forums. A quick search should get you there.

Again, welcome aboard!

Welcome Dennis! Glad to have you here with us. You hit the nail on the head in that there's too many models to build and not enough years left for most of us!

GIL :smiley16:

Dennis

Welcome to the forum. Also would like to invite you a meeting of the Lake Region Scale

Modlelers. We meet in Crystal Lake at the fountains of Crystal Lake on Route 31. If you need directions please contact me.

Neil Butler

Chapter Contact

Lake Region Scale Modelers

excenmod@aol.com

Thanks Clare! Yes, the two houses are my own design and built from scratch. The tan colored house is based on a real house in Beverly Hills known as the Witch's House.

Thank you Joseph! My father spent a lot pf time flying at Corpus Christi.

Glad to have you on board, Dennis. It sounds like you're off to a great start! Those houses look great! IPMS is a great place to be!

Happy Modeling,

Mark

Dennis.........You've got some serious skills! Houses look great!

Welcome aboard Dennis; you've posted some excellent 'calling cards'! Those houses look fantastic. Good luck on building your father's plane. You've come to the right place to learn the most.

Thank you very much, Mark. I've had these kits for years. It's about time I get started!