Fujimi 1/700 IJN Amagi

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

Minus the base stain, it's done. I'll likely get back to work on Montana and start messing with something else.

Kit used: Fujimi 1/700 Amagi

Aftermarket:
- Fujimi's PE set
- Artwox wood deck
- Flyhawk IJN hatches
- Canopy Brackets (do not recall manufacturer)
- Eduard IJN figures
- Various PE

Main mast was scratchbuilt and I used various PE supports to add some more fluff to the pagoda and other platforms. I stained the deck a bit and painted the ship with Tamiya's Sasebo Grey, Flat Black, and Linoleum Deck Brown. Weathering was done with oils and mild drybrushing. Rigging is stretched sprue. The wireless antennae was sourced from GMM's ultra thin IJN tailing. The Japanese, thankfully, used flat railing-looking set ups.

Amagi was a fun build. I put a little more into her than I thought I'd go into, planing to use her as a somewhat stress free build.

At any rate, pictures. Criticism always welcome.

Amagi8_zpsll8kezui.jpgAmagi7_zpsnecfvmxi.jpg

Amagi3_zpsiqy6ps3t.jpgAmagi6_zpslwyqdksg.jpg

Amagi4_zpsquyv0bys.jpg

Amagi2_zpssgte9qz5.jpg

Amagi5_zps2fpvbigj.jpg

First off this an amazing build. Holy%20cow_zpsltysxfef.gifI don't think I'll ever attempt one of these but I sure enjoy lookin' at 'em!! Secondly, how big.....er....small is this thing? Any pics with references to scale?

Guest PetrolGator

A turret is about the size of a penny, roughly, maybe smaller. The entire ship is +- 12" long.

Thanks. :)

That in itself is mind blowing for me. I never knew until I saw it for myself in person a couple of weeks ago that one could throw the amount of detail at these small ships the way you've done here. I could look at this stuff all day long and swear I can see something new every time I look back at it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PetrolGator

Thanks man. I was hoping it would beat out some other ships I entered in the Pcola show, but a crooked platform prevented that.

Still, I love this ship for its sheer oddity.

• 3 weeks later...

Stellar job once again. Your bases really set off the builds. I need to try putting a boat in the water.

Good stuff.

Bill

Chris,

What's your source for the Artwox products? I find that most are hit and miss as to who has what, if they have them at all.