Image hosting

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

Hm. Odd. Tried "Ships" and the work in progress sections. I got an attachment error. It could just be related to my username, though. With as little as I've been posting, it's no big deal. I'll just use photobucket when I do put up the rare WIP. :)

Chris: PB has changed their format (again!) and I had REAL trouble trying to post a single image into a topic yesterday. I could post a "slide show", and was finally able to post a link to a particular page that had the pics I wanted to show, but couldn't find a way to imbed any individual pics.

Does anyone have any procedures on how to use PBs new format to post individual pics here? Or, has PB done something that now makes them almost incompatible with this website in its current format?

GIL

Gil;

You need to make sure you use the "IMG" link to post single pics Just copy & paste. If the IMG option is not under the picture you need to go to the settings screen and click that option. (the settings screen can be found by clicking on the gear on the far right about an inch or two down from the top of the screen)

Not quite Warren....I clicked onto the gear and enabled the IMG option, but it still didn't add it to the available "copy" menu on the page. Also, PB no longer has a "gear" on each pic to click onto to display copy options, but instead has a "check mark" which designates the pic you want to use with the copy options menu on the page.

However, I went back in and enabled the "easy copy" option and it then put the older menu (with the "DIRECT" img option) directly under every pic. The only downside is that you have to right click AND then copy the IMG option instead of just clicking on it and having it auto copy.

Damn IT people! They never seem to know when to leave well enough alone! Same thing applies to our "revamped" IPMSUSA National website. The new page SUCKS! It's MUCH harder to find links and navigate!

Heads up to those in charge: if you want to attract new people, make it EASIER, not harder!

GIL :smiley16:

It looks like you are both over thinking this. I find PB does some things very easily and in my opinion(yea it is an opinion) simple. You find the photo you want to post in your library and click on the photo. A full sized image of the photo comes up and to the right of it are the links to the photo. Single click in the IMG box and it will turn yellow and say "copied" Go to the web page you want to post it on and paste the link. Done. I am attaching an image that way just to see if it works.

Eifle%20tower_zps8wiwsush.jpg

Yup, still works that way.

Edited by PeteJ

• 3 weeks later...

Pete,

Yes, the linking of your image to the board does indeed work. However, as Chris first asked, the image "HOSTING" by IPMS seems to have been disabled or discontinued without notifying forum users. When I try to upload any images, the restriction is for no more than 5.42 KB per image. That is just plain impossible...unless you want images that are minute! My profile image is 2.6 KB and it's only 50 x 50 pixels!!!

Looks like I won't be posting any more in-progress or completed photos of my builds. It was nice while it lasted.

I think you might have hit your account's quota... try again and let me know.

Eric

Pete,

Yes, the linking of your image to the board does indeed work. However, as Chris first asked, the image "HOSTING" by IPMS seems to have been disabled or discontinued without notifying forum users. When I try to upload any images, the restriction is for no more than 5.42 KB per image. That is just plain impossible...unless you want images that are minute! My profile image is 2.6 KB and it's only 50 x 50 pixels!!!

Looks like I won't be posting any more in-progress or completed photos of my builds. It was nice while it lasted.

Amazing what complaining does...

I just opened a new IPMS page, clicked on the Armor forum, clicked start new topic, clicked upload image, and the limit is now greatly increased. Thanks, Eric.

Although, since I've only uploaded about 8 images - all at 800 x 600 pixels - in the past 2 months, I don't understand anything about an "account quota".

Respectfully...

Edited by RLFoster

LOL! At least you now have a larger quota that should last for a good amount of time of posting. With the number of pics I post; I'd finish my account's quota before I even finish one post! :blink::blush: :P