Pushing the Reich back

freddietello

_MG_8064.JPG

Having built the tractor version of the D7 I decided to start inmediately with the bulldozer version equipped with the LeTourneau WCK-7 blade, the newest kit of Mirror Models.

The kits builds without serious complications, and I would just advice to test the coincidence of the parts and unions before gluing.

_MG_7801.JPG

The instructions book suggest us to beggin with the engine, nicely detailed, in which we will add the first photoetched parts that are included in the kit.

_MG_7804.JPG

Following with the transmission and the radiator we reach the tractor chassis to which we glue the engine, at this stage I decided to start painting before having any problems to reach hidden parts.

_MG_7842.JPG

The next phase was to build the boogies that include the big metal springs, if we use the covering plates they won't be seen.

_MG_7860.JPG

When fixing the idler, sprocket and boogies to the chassis, the tractor beggin taking shape.

_MG_7867.JPG

We add the driving station with the photoetched platform. Meanwhile the glue cures we can start building the blade.

_MG_7896.JPG

We add the side platforms and fix the photoetched anti-slip surfaces with some white glue.

Before covering the engine we can start the weathering process, for that I used the Vallejo rust set mixing the rust colours "al fresco"

_MG_7901.JPG

Once glued the seat and the blade structure I airbrushed an overall layer of Olive drab primer.

_MG_7943.JPG

Then with a lighter green colour I applied a filter diluted 50% at the most visible zones.

And inmediately after another filter using white acrylic wash creating a zenithal ilumination.

_MG_7966.JPG

For the blade extreme rusted surface I used again the rust tones of the Vallejo set using the sponge technique.

_MG_8041.JPG

After some earth tone washes and adding some pigment and mud at the lower parts of the vehicle I called it finished and put it on one of the new FCmodeltips grunge bases

The flag at the pole is another new FCmodeltips item, is a paper decal that is easily adaptable to un uneven surface or can be modeled with the hands, you can see them here.

_MG_8042.JPG

_MG_8045.JPG

_MG_8049.JPG

_MG_8050.JPG

_MG_8051.JPG

_MG_8061.JPG

I enjoyed this kit very much and I´m willing to start with the angled dozer and the armoured versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that..................is what I'm talkin' about!!!! Mister, you've definitely got your act together in the modeling realm.emotion-21.gif

Edited by mustang1989

Federico! no esperaba menos, excelente trabajo!

wonderful work bro!