Hello from Corpus Christi

mustang1989

Hey everybody! I've been around on a few of the model forums and figured, "What tha hay? Might as well join this one too." . I have been building models since I was about 10 years old and have built primarily WWII 1/48 scale aircraft but have recently been bitten by the "automotive bug" in the last couple of months and am enjoying myself with auto builds at the moment. I'm looking forward to the company here. :D

Edited by mustang1989

Hi Joseph,

Were you able to attend the recent show in Houston? (April 25th) Lots of excellent Auto entries from Big Rigs to Lowriders.....

Thanks Mark!

Dick: Thank you as well sir. Oh yeah I was there. I took 1st in Street Stock and Best in Automotive with my 70 Challenger T/A build and took 1st in 1/48 Aircraft Inline Engine with my Fw190 D-9. :D

Edited by mustang1989

Congrats! How about posting some pics? I judged armor so I didn't really get to spend much time in Aircraft or Autos.

Sure Dick! Here's the Challenger in the middle of the pack of Street Stock:

DSCN0095_zpskl67w14f.jpg

Glamour shot:

DSCN1445_zpsabgntjpn.jpg

and the Fw190 D-9 in the Inline prop section:(The Stuka in the foreground is mine as well)

DSCN0090_zpsa6xyqvre.jpg

and the glamour shot of that:

TamiyaFw190D-9Finished001_zpsa5db7597.jp

Edited by mustang1989

I don't know about the Master part but I do thank you for the warm welcome Mark. :D

Wow!! Welcome Joseph. It is a friendly group. Great model photos. Congrats. Love the finish on the Challenger. Also, anyone who loves the "Snake" Stuka can't be all bad.

Ok Joe....I remember the Challenger.....very smooth surface! I didn't get a chance to see many of the ACs but the Stuka is fantastic!

Thanks Clarence and Dick! It seems like a good group alright. I finally built that Stuka after 18 years of wanting to. lol