germany`s super tank

Zglossip

Hey there fellow modelers here is my latest model it is a German Tiger tank mid production this model has taken me a very long time mainly because spring is here that means allot of work at the ranch but it is finally done . this tank was a fun build not to hard to build but it had one section of the build that about made me chuck it across the room the tracks on this tanks had to be built piece by piece 200 in all the tracks were the only downfall other than that model was fun and quite easy to build . some brief history on the Tiger tank it was built to appease Hitlers need for a super tank that couldn't be stopped by any allied tank the powerfull 88 mm gun could punch threw anything the allies had and it thicks armor could make most rounds ricochet off like a small stone its main downfall was its over engineered design . It was so complex it would break down all the time its 32 interlocking wheels made it hell to change the road wheels most of the Tiger tanks destroyed during ww11 were destroyed by there own crew they would scuttle it because they didn't have the parts or know how to fix it . As most historians would agree ww11 was a war of production and america surpassed all other country in production capability even thoe the Sherman wasn't the best tank the sheer numbers of 50 thousand made won the ww11 .

DSCF1011_zps6sghcoqe.jpg

DSCF1013_zpswycrq8lw.jpg

DSCF1012_zpsm7qv6erb.jpg

DSCF1016_zpsmdrdu9zr.jpg

• Like 1

Mean looking like a Tiger should be. As an airplane modeler, I love the detail on the model. Did you bend the side fenders or did they come that way? Also, what did you use for all the dirt on the model?

Hey there clarewentzel thanks for the comments I bent the side fenders and also on one side to a panel off I saw it in some reference pictures showed that that happend sometimes and the mud was made with real dirt mixed with white glue and matte finish and spread heavily on the model and when dry drybrushed with different earth tones.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...