U.F.O.'S REAL , OR BUILD UP IMAGES!

papasmurf

Here's a few images of some build-ups, done for clients, of various UFO's from some great TV Shows, and other sources. After a few personal sightings, especially while living in Seattle, within a few miles of Mt. Rainier. I've always been very fascinated with this subject! You can post build up pictures, or actual images you've taken, of "Gosh, what the heck is that?" thingies!

invaders1_145_-446x331.jpg

ipmsinv-435x331.jpg

The classic "Invaders" UFO!

ipms_sub-584x436.jpg

c57da-526x285.jpg

The HUGE 28 inch Polar Lights Saucer build up from "Forbidden Planet"

bufo_245_-688x512.jpg

Belgium_t2a-201x170.jpg

The miniature, 5x5x5 inch "Belgian UFO" build up, and one of the actual real reference shots of the object photographed in Belgium.

ros_75_-446x331.jpg

roswell-444x327-448x330.jpg

The "Roswell UFO", build up, and a very cool "FX" style image of the craft zooming past a Navy Aircraft Carrier's Bow!

war_3_91_-600x448.jpg

Martian_War_Machine-460x375.jpg

The 1953 "Martian War Machine" 13 inch Wingspan build up, and an "FX" style shot of a devastated City by Doug Cowles!

Papasmurf,

You don't live in Gulf Breeze, do you?

Better watch out.... the UFO nuts will be banging your door down! :smiley16:

Nope, but close, I live in Daytona Beach, Beachside. The guy who made all those films and pictures swears they were "real", but some photo experts pretty much stated that they were "Fakes". I saw a very strange "Fireball" go from South to North, right along the Ocean's edge right here, in 1997. I don't think Meteors fly perfect, straight trajectories, checking out the Beachside.

A very strange sighting, that unfortunately, I did not have a Camera to record.

Florida is considered a "Hot Spot" for these objects, the belief is that they have some kind of "Base" off the shore, on the Continental Shelf. And don't foget the "Vortex" theory, with the "Bermuda triangle" just offshore. :unsure:

I especially like the first two; the only thing that would make them look like 'real' UFO pictures is if they were out of focus. :smiley17:

MH

I especially like the first two; the only thing that would make them look like 'real' UFO pictures is if they were out of focus. :smiley17:

MH

Oh, you "Hit the nail on the Head" there Hanson!! I think it helps hide the fishing line, holding up the model, hoho!

Only approx. 10% +-, of sightings, or images are considered, "unexplained phenomena", with no "Earthly explanation".

The other 90% are errors in identification, explainable atmospheric occurrences, or, yep, fraud! :smiley21: <_<

I've seen a few objects, especially while I was living on the West Coast, that were incredible, so I do believe they exist. But some of those pictures are so poor, you gotta wonder.

You make a good point, and the obvious answer is, I did clear images so you could see, it's a MODEL!!

Although, if a few distortion elements, "A la Photoshop", were added, bet they'd look just like all those great fake images!

Some great vintage fakes were submitted by George Adamski, the first self-proclaimed "Contactee" from the 1950's, who made a fortune with his UFO books. The fuzzy B/W Images, were quite convincing, even to me. But the "Saucer" with the 3 "Domes" underneath, a very famous "fuzzy" image, a real "Classic", in UFO lore, turned out to be the top section, of a Vacuum Cleaner of that era!

Just some "UFO Trivia" to exemplify exactly what your saying!! :smiley4:

Good one Dude! :D

Hmmm, if I recall correctly, architect David Vincent had a great deal of trouble in attracting anyone to his sightings as a believer. This picked up as the series went on. I believe they even successfully destroyed an invader ship in one episode. I've never seen the reruns, so these memories go back almost 40 years. The Monogram kit was pretty good shapewise, but it lacked needed details (and lights, of course). The show's FX were fairly convincing back then, but we would laugh at them now. It was a Quinn Martin Production that lasted, I think, only one season. Roy Thinness showed up years later in the two-part episode "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" of Battlestar Galactica.

Couldn't David Vincent tell by looking between the fingers if a person was "not of Earth"? Alot of brain cells have been shed to glues and paints since then but it seems to me there was something like that. . .

Mike

Hmmm, if I recall correctly, architect David Vincent had a great deal of trouble in attracting anyone to his sightings as a believer. This picked up as the series went on. I believe they even successfully destroyed an invader ship in one episode. I've never seen the reruns, so these memories go back almost 40 years. The Monogram kit was pretty good shapewise, but it lacked needed details (and lights, of course). The show's FX were fairly convincing back then, but we would laugh at them now. It was a Quinn Martin Production that lasted, I think, only one season. Roy Thinness showed up years later in the two-part episode "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" of Battlestar Galactica.

I remember that! And a Cameo appearance on "X-Files", as well! For the state of the imaging abilities of that era, "The Invaders" was quite good, and a little scary for a young kid, but OOooh, such fun!

I bought the entire series on DVD on E-Bay. Fair warning, although the DVD packaging appeared quite genuine, all the shows start to get "whacky", and lock up towards the end of each episode, on my DVD player. Obviously, a very good looking "Bootleg" set, with problems for the viewer.

I don't recommend you buy the set, it's got problems, darn it all!! :smiley13:

o_The_Invaders.jpg

Couldn't David Vincent tell by looking between the fingers if a person was "not of Earth"? Alot of brain cells have been shed to glues and paints since then but it seems to me there was something like that. . .

Mike

As well as I Mike, so many models left, so few brain cells operational!! :smiley11:

Yes, there seemed to be some physical "differences"such as the "slight webbing" on the Hands, however, as the series developed, these seemed to "dissapear". It seems the Aliens got their Molds improved! Ha! :smiley4:

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a UFO expert years ago and he stated that during the Vietnam war there were occasional sighting by various aircraft but these rarely reached the outside world until years later. I never thought that much about them except for TV until our base had one. It was a glow in a fog that hovered over the B-52 area and then the bomb dump. It was seen by hundreds, including the on duty police flight which usually numbered around 500 alone, plus aircraft maint, fire dept, control tower, munitions, and flight crews. I last saw it heading out to the open ocean being chased by two Thuds.

The strange thing was that hardly anyone talked about it after a day or two, the talk went back to day to day things like the war. By the time I thought about it, the recordings of the police transmissions made in alternate CSC were taken away and I missed a chance to get a copy of them.

MMmmmmm....very..."A La X-Files"! Strange how fast these reports are played down, isn't it? You'd swear some "Agency", threatens, with the support of the FCC, to "Take away broadcasting licenses", unless you "Comply".

Nah, couldn't happen in this Country....or.... :unsure: could it?

"Believe the Lie" :blink:

ufo0414a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some interesting UFO images I saw on the net lately, some look fake, but others are much harder to explain.

It is one of the most interesting mysteries of our time!! And according to some, since time began!

untitled-400x300.png

ufo-whitehouse1-600x450.jpg

ufo-source-600x599.jpg

ufo_picture_montana.jpg

ufo-079.jpg

UFO682_414380a-600x351.jpg

ufo11-570x428.png

newUFO8-450x600.jpg

This last one is truly "strange", looks like a flying Septic Tank!! Bizzare......

• 7 months later...

I know the thread is a bit dated, but I wanted to add a cool new kit from Pegasus Hobbies into the UFO section. This kit was a true weekend project and relaxing to build and even light-up. Their Alien Equipment 341.15B UFO is 1:72nd scale, and doesn't come with markings. I did my own "Trilaterial" red triangle marking - but claim no knowledge of it beyond that!

Jim

Pegasus9100pic014.jpeg

Pegasus9100pic016.jpeg

Nice!! Never seen the kit before, but it's way cool! Well done Jim, love it! :smiley20:

Some time ago there was a TV movie of the Invaders starring Scott Bacula. Near the end Roy Thinnes had a small part as David Vincent.

How are the Martian war machines from Pegasus?

I really would like to believe we have been visited by alien life forms, but the more I watch "The Universe" on the Discovery Science channel, the less likely it appears. The universe is so incredibly VAST, a trip to the nearest star is beyond any known method of transport, even at light speed which is the universal speed limit according to Einstein. Of coarse, that is barring theoretical methods of travel (i.e. wormholes, warp speed, parallel universes, time travel, etc) which I can't include. IMHO, God created the universe so vast as to prevent intelligent life forms from ever meeting and contaminating each other with their customs, prejudices, beliefs, etc, but that's my opinion.

Having said that, with all due respect to those who have "seen" these vessels, the numbers of stars and planetary solar systems that may contain planets like earth in the Milky Way alone are estimated in the billions. So while I doubt VERY seriously the existence of visitors to our planet, the numbers alone can't rule out the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy/universe. In fact they very much support the possibility. So until I SEE irrefutable proof they exist, I'll have to rely on Hollywood to satisfy my curiosity about UFOs.

Just my opinion.

Hey Gang! Just got back from the Bahamas, interesting posts. I kinda' go along with the "Drake Equation" that supports the theory that, "as the Universe is so vast, the possibility of alien life seems very probable", but it's only a theory of course.

Wouldn't mind seeing some serious "proof" myself. What I saw was not an aircraft or a Star, or anything like that. 2 Pulsing lighted orbs, near Mt Rainier doing a "dance" in the sky above me once, in the 90's, were quite surreal!

And a craft, with red exhaust, going extremely fast, one night, following the Daytona Beach shoreline, at about 200 feet from the ocean, heading true North, was extremely strange. Could be one of our experimental craft, but I strongly doubt it, as it was somewhat "Triangular" in configuration, and was just a tad different than the Belgium version I built a while back. The "object" made no sound at all, not even a whisper, don't think even our stealth planes have that capability. Have had a few other sightings, may write about those in future posts.

Right now, gotta unpack, and pay attention to my doggies. :blink:

Some time ago there was a TV movie of the Invaders starring Scott Bacula. Near the end Roy Thinnes had a small part as David Vincent.

How are the Martian war machines from Pegasus?

Saw that, Mr. Thinnes was also in the first "X-Files" film, or one of the 2 part episodes, not sure which at this time, if you recall.

He really was the first "Fox"-type characters, in a TV series on UFO's, that had more serious overtones, one of my favorites!! :smiley20: