Jonny Quest Dragonfly- DONE! :)

ghodges

Started this somewhat simpler project the other day....

001_2.jpg

003_2.jpg

The kit only comes with a display stand, and no gear of any kind. I decided to put it on skis as seen in the cartoon, so I scratchbuilt the skis and cut out and built up rudimentary gear wells. I've also built some gear doors (not pictured).

005_1.jpg

008_1.jpg

This kit only has about 13 parts, so it builds up fast. More pics after it's been painted. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

I just finished this one. Went strictly oob.

P3070001.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Got 'er done!

002_1.jpg

009_1.jpg

008_2.jpg

010_1.jpg

Tried using some oyster white nail polish to paint it, which went on fine, but lost all of the "luster" in such a thin coating. Replaced the nose probe with tubing and a needle and added some screening to the intake. The exhaust flame holder was painted Tamiya clear red to add a little color.

Built a base for it, as it seemed to need the sand to justify adding the skis. Just used a sheet of fine sandpaper, held in place with a spray adhesive and then added a few dots of white glue and static grass to give it some life. I'm guessing that the model is about 1/200 scale, as the cockpit windows (painted black) seem a bit smaller than the cockpit windows of my 1/144 airliners, but without published dimensions for the "real" craft; who knows?

Anyway, this was a fun build and it feels good to knock one out in less than a month, even if just for the sake of nostalgia! Questions, comments, and critiques welcome, as always. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 3

Looks good on the skis.