Another Modeling New Years Resolution Done

Mark Deliduka

It's not done, but it's done. Until I can find or have cast the extra missing parts, I'm going to call this finished and move on. This was one of my Modeling New Years Resolutions to finish

1/72 scale Heller DC-6 done in American Airlines livery and painted with Alclad paints:

American_DC-6_Super_Cloudmaster_I.JPG

American_DC-6_Super_Cloudmaster_II.JPG

That's all for now. I hope to have a few more finished soon, but it may be awhile before I can get them posted. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Hi, Mark,

AT LAST! :smiley31: Congratulations on your success with Alclad II on the bare metal finish. You give me hope for three such projects on my bench with bare metal everywhere (sci-fi stuff). The American Airlines DC-6B look great in spite of your troubles in applying the decals. I'm still wishing you had attempted the engine cowling markings just to see them in all their glory. Good luck on finding the broken and missing landing gear parts.

:D

Ed

Thank you ever so much for the wonderful comments guys! I have to say that this looks better in photos than it does in person. Ed, thanks again for the decals. I probably would have tried the cowl markings if the nose decal had actually gone on more smoothly. All the cracking, flaking and wrinkling they did going over the complex curves of the nose discouraged me and convinced me that I didn't want to go through that hassle four more times.

Thanks Gil. Some of that dissimilar paneling was actually a happy accident that I didn't fix.

Thanks again guys for the wonderful comments.

A great looking model Mark. I remember seeing one of them at the South Bend, IN airport when I was a kid. You could go up on the top of the terminal and watch the airplanes. I remember seeing those engines start with a great cloud of smoke.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments.

Rick, if you like old AA planes, I'm trying to raise the $50.00 to buy a 1/72 scale American Airlines Boeing 727 from a fellow IPMS OC member. Maybe next month if all goes well.

Clare, I love hearing stories like this. They make models I finish even more meaningful.