Jump to content
wedfactory

Sea Shadow

Recommended Posts

OK, I admit it, I have the attention span of a 3 year old, couldn't sit still while waiting for the HO-229 to dry started another kit. Picked out my Sea Shadow. Just doing this one OOB. May even get it done for the March 28th model show. Just sprayed all the interior grey, Not sure how much you will see but decided to play it safe and spray everything inside.

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg



OOh!! Look the 229 is dry! See you later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started work on the bridge of the Sea Shadow. i didn't like the decals that came with the kit for the bridge so I dug out some old aircraft IP decals and cut those up.


The back wall. The tan piece of paper below to the right was the decal for the back wall controls. I like my kit bash decals better.

DSC_0012.jpg




And for the pilot seat all the kit had was the decal on the floor. Again I like my kit bashed controls better.

DSC_0013.jpg


Now will you be able to see them when I am done. Don't know how well yo uwill ba able to see into the bridge once it is closed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren,

 

You can see the tops of the seats and that's about it once you close it up. Your rendition does look alot better than the kit decals though.

 

The worst part of the kit is the seam between the propulsion units and the main hull underneath. The decals stink, as they are made up of small dots.

 

It looks really cool when done though. Mine, from back in the day. I put a whitish wash on the bottom for a dried salt effect.

 

Hope yours goes well.

 

Bill

 

 

CIMG0783.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this one in the stash. Looking forward to your build!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I did the tape mockup I saw that the bottom will have some sizable gaps in it. Now the bottom of the model is flexible so I am stuffing some foam in it to to close of the gap.

DSC_0161.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two side panels are now done, rescribed and final pieces added. I have added some foam to the inside of the side panels to help close up nasty gaps on the underside of the kit.

 

DSC_0616.jpg

 

DSC_0618.jpg

 

Should be closing her up this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sea Shadow is now together. I am cleaning up seams now followed by several panels lines then paint. Might even get the first coat of paint on this weekend.

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The camo is now done...

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

next to mask for numbers on the side then gloss coat and sludge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I've started this kit a couple of times, neither one turned out any good. Yours looks superb though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I've started this kit a couple of times, neither one turned out any good. Yours looks superb though.

 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This paint scheme was used for a fleet week on the west coast. I used it because the kit decals are complete garbage.Yo ucould see individual ink dots that made up the decals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...