1:24 scale AK 47 and RPG

PeteJ

I've spent a fair amount of time on the web looking for a 1:24th scale RPG and AK47 for a diorama but can't seem to come up with one. Yea, I know, 1:24th is an odd scale for these item. I am preparing to scratch them up, but would prefer a better option if possible. I have an M16 and Thompson submachine gun, but I really could use the AK and RPG. Any ideas?

By the way I posted this in general, because 1:24 is not a "military" scale and I wanted to see if anyone in any genera had an idea

Edited by PeteJ

There was a guy named Jim who started Large Scale Armory but seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Google it and see what you can find. Nice stuff...too bad.

I found a lot of post about Large Scale Armory or LSA and even one that said he was on eBay but have had absolutely no luck in finding any sort of links to him. Any help would be appreciated!

Pete - There is a company in England called Kit Form Services that specialize in 1/24th scale military subjects. While most of their kits are Multimedia Military Vehicles they do make some figures and misc. they have a web site - www.kitformservices.com .

Phone # 0 1205 480766

email - kfs1@btinternet.com.

Be very careful with this info, their products are truly unique, fascinating, high quality and expensive, in other words it may be hard to resist spending some real money! Dan King

Thanks Dan. They don't seem to carry exactly what I want, but I sent them an email and perhaps they may know of someone who does.

Ok, now this is the internet at it's best. First post suggested I go to LSA (Large Scale Armory). Lots of searching on the web and no luck with finding a way to get ahold of them.

Next post suggests I go to KFS(Kit form services) in the UK and I had no problem getting ahold of Howard. Howard couldn't help with what I wanted, but he suggested LSA and was able to give me Jim at LSAs e-mail.

To make a long story short, I will have what I need on the way shortly. I know people are to the point that they don't pay much attention to the internet any more, but it is just amazing that I could post something here, have a dead end, contact a guy in England and get referred full circle back to my starting point and get what I need in a matter of hours. I still remember when it took a week to get mail from the east coast. Love the net.

Pete - Glad this worked out. I am surprised there are not more readily available 1/24th scale items like this available? I read somewhere that there is estimated to be 40 Million AK-47's in service in every part of the world today! I carried a Chi-com AK-47 in Vietnam as a

"personal Survival Weapon" with the theory that if you had to use it when escape and evade it would not attract as much attention, it was a very flawed theory and I later changed to a Grenade Launcher that created a lot of havoc so you can run like hell and hide as long as possible! Hope to see your finished project soon. Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody make a post-WWII US/NATO type soldier figure in 1/24 or 1/25 or 75mm-ish (or even LGB-scale)? Would like to find one, preferably with an M-16.

Edited by VonL

Actually just got a shipment from Jim at Large Scale Armory and boy does it look nice! Great AK-47 and M-6, M-16 , SAW, some 1911's and others I am not versed in modern weaponry to identify. First order got lost in the mail. Jim promptly replaced it. He is great to deal with. I will definitely deal with him again. I am not one to post someone's email on line, but if you will PM me I can pass yours on to Jim. I will post some photos once I have painted some of these up. Thanks to everyone for offering a helping hand.