Hi from Ohio

KevinWasson

I'm Kevin just joined but been showing for years at ipms events locally. I build modern armor, autos, 1/35 boats, modern aircraft and some sci fi.

post-2813-0-61768400-1425607244_thumb.jpg

post-2813-0-47468400-1425607264_thumb.jpg

post-2813-0-49630400-1425607286_thumb.jpg

Hello Kevin, and welcome to the fray! I fled Ohio for warmer climes at the end of the last century, but have a real soft spot for the Columbus guys, where I did my "20yr sentence". Hope you plan to make it the Nats there this summer, after you've had a chance to thaw out! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Kevin,

If you go to the RC and Chapter directory part of this web site, you can see if there is a chapter near you. You can learn a lot from just hanging around with those guys. Plus, its fun.

Thanks for the welcome. I would like to join one of the Dayton Chapters at some point. Indy's chapter meets on a Friday which doesn't work for me. They are both about the same drive time. I do a lot of shows a year so I may have seen some of you already. I went to Blizzcon and I have Indy next weekend. I have a hotel for MTMA Cookeville 31st Annual Show. Ron Bell I will see you at the Nats in Columbus in july if you go. I really would like to set in on judging to learn more of how it is done in IPMS. I used to judge cars at a local auto club in Albuquerque New Mexico when I lived out there. I joined here to learn how to build better models and meet new friends. Thanks again.

I'll be there. As to judging, please do. There's three sessions that would be helpful before you start. One is called "what judges look for" and is done by our past Chief Judge, Aris Pappas. Its good for seeing what types of things our judges are looking for. The other is for OJT (on the job training) judges, that would be you this year. It explains how you become a judge. The last one is the actual Judges Meeting. This is a final briefing and gets the judges together with their head category judges. Check the schedule for the first two meetings times and places. The last is always on Friday night just before judging starts. Please, join us. We can always use more judges and many hands make light work, so the more the merrier. It's also a great way to improve your modeling as you learn all sorts of things.

As a sort of commercial, you might want to check out the Indy show next weekend. Go to their web site at

http://ipmsroscoeturner.org/ for details.

I'll be at Indy. I have gone to the last four shows there. I hope to get a little on the job training there if I can. Weather was bad at Columbus Blizzcon so I didn't stay long enough to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Kevin! There's plenty of great modeling to go around!

Mark