MENG Pick Up: SOF

ajlafleche

Here is a just completed commission based on the 1/35 Meng SOF pick up posed with the Masterbox “Somewhere in the Middle East” figures. The dog comes from a Tamiya DAK set of a few years ago and he was drafted to account for the guy in the middle crouching. The figure with the Barretts has the legs and hat from the Meng kit’s figure, the torso and arms from spare part and the head from an Academy M1114 figure. The weapons are a combination of weapons from the Masterbox set and Live Resin. I printed the flag and applied thinned white glue (aka Elmer’s School Glue) to the insides before folding it over. The moistened paper is easy to pose with folds and creases. The gear in the back comes from a variety of sources. The truck and tires were dusted with AK interactive pigment.

I know the flag should not be posed that way, nut my customer wanted the truck to resemble this: MilTacoma2.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

Thanks, guys.

Kevin, yes. Live Resin is generally very easy to use. The attachment points are very small for the weapons themselves or along the base of sights. As with any resin, gun barrels are somewhat fragile. the suppressor on the Mk 12 rifle (the guy behind the guy petting the dog) broke off and was lost on the first one and broke off but was reattached on the second one I used. The only issue I've had with them is the spade grip on some of their M2 and M3 .50 caliber MG's. They are almost too delicate to exist and break very easily. The variety of weapons is outstanding. The masters are designed with advanced 3D printing and the final product shows amazing detail. I haven't had any issues with warping in even the finest parts. Their M134 kits are a bit fiddly and it's hard to see how some components attach, but they are miles ahead of the Legend kits and those supplied by Dragon for their H-6 helos.