Eric Aitala

(Still) Looking for a new Forum Administrator

The IPMS/USA Forums is looking for a new Forum Administrator.

If you are a current IPMS/USA member and would like to volunteer, please contact me by PM or send an email to webmaster@ipmsusa.org.

The Forum Admin handles the non-IT functions of the Forums such as approving membership requests, working with the various topic sections, and such. I (as IPMS/USA Webmaster) handle all the technical stuff like updating the forum's software and such.

Eric Aitala

Edited by Eric Aitala
Updating the topic.
  • Like 1

Bumping this post to refresh the topic.

E

How much time would be involved?

Kinda depends on how many people sign up for accounts, how many changes to the Topics list, and how much moderation needs to be done.

Right now, there is not a lot of either. 

I also need to figure out the new admin system - I'd like to set it up, if possible, that the Forum Admin could do the jobs listed above, but not access the more technical sections of the admin area.

E

17 hours ago, TMikeCurry said:

How much time would be involved?

Ok... I have had some time to look at the administrator options.

The new software is a lot nicer...  it allows me to give the Forum Admin access to the items they need but remove the ones they do not.  Also the ability to approve or update the member accounts is much nicer.  For example, Membership Expiration dates are now actually dates (in the correct date/time format), are searchable, and easily edited.  This will make it simpler for the Admin to provide access to the Forums appropriately.

If  anyone is still interested, please let me know...

Thanks,

Eric