1/72 C-5 & C-17 at a reasonable price

AeroNutTom

i'd spend $100-$150 for each kit, doesn't' need a detailed interior just something that isn't the $200-$400 for anigrand's kits.

I take it a vac kit isn't an option? I believe they're available, but would be quite the project. In my experience, you pay money to save time, grief, and elbow grease. So, if you aren't willing to tackle a cheaper vac kit that requires a lot of effort to build, then your only other option is to save your pennies until you can afford the expensive limited run injection versions. My understanding of those is that they still require quite a bit of tweaking to get done, and certainly do not just fall together.

I'm not sure you'll ever see Trumpy or another major manufacturer do either of those, but if they did, I'm betting they'd still be closer to the $200 than the $100 mark.

Bets of luck with your wish. I know there's a LOT of kits out there now that I'd never have thought we'd see 10-20yrs ago, so the waiting game isn't that bad of an idea!

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 1

i'm always willing to try anything. I've never done a resin or vac kit, but I dont really know what goes into vac kits either.

I talked to Zoukei-Mura at the Pasadena Valleycon this past Sunday and told them that even though the models would be in 1/72 scale (small for them) they would be larger than their Horton kit. I had suggested to them doing a 1/72 scale C-5A Galaxy, a 1/72 scale C-141 Starlifter, and a 1/72 scale 747, possibly with Air Force One markings along with other airliner markings. He was going to pass it along to his boss.

wow that would be incredible if someone would come out with that i would be so excited!

• 3 months later...

To see what can be done (and the amount of work required) with the Combat Models C-17 vacform, see here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234970958-a-172nd-c-17-globemaster-iii-the-hard-way/?hl=%20c-17%20%20vacform