DONBASS

borodarus

Not many of my stories, Kotur you do not know.

In the first millennium BC, the territory was part of the Donbass Scythian state, the so-called Scythian Gold - the central part of the ancient kingdom. Start of Slavic colonization of the region belongs to the VIII and IX centuries AD, at the same time the edge was ruled by the Khazars.

Active colonization of the territory began (1648-1654 years).

New settlers learned the bowels of the Donets Basin. C 1625 in the area of present Slavianska mined salt. "Hunted" her in the Donetsk steppe went "eager for" people of Valuek, Oskol, Yelets, Kursk and other "marginal" cities of Russia.

XVIII century took place in numerous wars waged by the Russian Empire and Turkey for access to the southern seas. War led to a gradual move of Donbass Eastern Slavic population (the peasants of central Russia, Right-Bank Ukraine and Slobozhanshchina), as well as immigrants from the Balkans (Serbia and Romania), the Christian population of Crimea (Greeks and Armenians). This area of the Russian-Turkish frontier turned into Novorossia - southern Russian region.

At the end of XVIII land in the lower reaches of the Dnieper and Azov region was divided into provinces. In 1783 was formed Yekaterinoslav region, in 1803 - Ekaterinoslavskaya province. In 1887, separated from the Ekaterinoslav province of Rostov-on-Don and Taganrog County city government and the province remained in the 8 counties (the Alexander, Bakhmutsky, Verhnedniprovsk, Ekaterinoslavskogo, Mariupol, Novomoskovsk, Pavlograd and Slavyanoserbsk). Land east of Kalmius relates to the field of the Don Cossacks.

Donetsk Republic in 1918

By the early twentieth century, the number and ethnic composition of the population of Donbass (Bahmutskiy County, Mariupol county, Slavyanoserbsky county Starobelsky County, Slavyansk), according to the census in 1897, were as follows:

Little Russians 710,613 - 62.5%

The Great 275 274 - 24.2%

Belarusians 11,061 - 1%

Greeks 48,452 - 4.2%

Germans 33,774 - 3.0%

22,416 Jews - 2.0%

Tatars 15,992 - 1.4%

Total 1,136,361

As a sign of support. Our club is building a diorama to show in Novosibirsk in March this year.

The theme of this, settlement road on one side stands the house, in which crashed back to APC. On the street near the house are good and the people, that is our soldiers. 2 is not good, that is, dill. + Our technique GAZ 66, BMD.
I'm starting to do the house.
The basis of plasterboard. Urine long, for that would remove a layer of cardboard. Embroidered stationery knife.
0993740.jpg
After pointing cover with tinted №1. In order to follow the white ink layer was not monotonous.
4598202.jpg
Now white paint tamiya
6671067.jpg

Waiting 30 minutes drying. Then cover all toning №2. To darken the seams and opyatzhe base (bricks.) Again, wait to dry toning.

7133241.jpg

And as always, passers-by, without fanaticism cotton pad with soap and water. "Art razvazyukivanie dirt."

1651803.jpg

Walked dry brush and toning №3, 2 times

4359744.jpg

1368493.jpg

• Like 1

6717947.jpg

1288532.jpg

Assembled box. He added plaster. Putty №3. use it just because it dries quickly.

2470859.jpg

Border closed plaster our tape tesa.

s0914698.jpg

Before leaving the other 2 angles covered putty №1. Dries on longer, but more flexible in their work.

4371854.jpg

9480711.jpg

7242850.jpg

7041644.jpg

7407255.jpg

1647459.jpg

7688491.jpg

So continued.
It was necessary to show the door to the room. But do the door, a long process in this case is not relevant. Easier to make a way out of the room, corridor or show the next room.
To do this, I cut output in the wall and painted jamb. And here is something just prigadilas is pink tesa. Which can be applied even on paper, and then remove the tape without fear that drags itself paper.
9105851.jpg
3029269.jpg
for the corridor, I chose the wallpaper on the darker for more contrast.
0086260.jpg
3907451.jpg
3602373.jpg
Since the carpet was somewhat widish, I cut the edges of which turned out not bad track corridor.
4225515.jpg
4836588.jpg
Well, now it's the turn of the furniture. Not to lie, 7- 8 years ago I had an idea for a diorama in the room. Did something which mebelishku. Then safely put up any time. Well, the time is come. Something so to speak reopen.
9905301.jpg
7284978.jpg
0087640.jpg
8084360.jpg
6350030.jpg

At the time, until the head is busy doing a garage roof. By the way today bought a cupcake in principle and normal cupcake and corrugation.

The walls are made of PVC roof doshiplast.

3617046.jpg

self-adhesive coated foil to simulate iron sheets.

6268202.jpg

4313955.jpg

8933753.jpg

3247544.jpg

Oleg - I have very much enjoyed your how-to on a interesting Diorama. Carving Plaster Board and your weathering/painting methods are very useful.

In 1970 when I came back from Vietnam I was stationed at Camp Carson [uS Army} with the 283rd Assault Helicopter Company. We were working with the 10th Mountain Division to do high altitude cold weather Combat Assaults with the primary target area in Russia! We received a lot of training in how to identify and destroy Russian Armor and Soft Skin military vehicles. It was very difficult and interesting training. So in December of 1970 I was in Vietnam in Combat against North Vietnam Soldiers [ not many VC by this time] in 100deg F. and 100% humidity and 2 weeks later flying at 1 mile high in 30% F. snow blizzard conditions. I am very happy I never had to use my Combat training against Russians because the World would be a very different place and I would probably not be around! Dan King

Oleg - I have very much enjoyed your how-to on a interesting Diorama. Carving Plaster Board and your weathering/painting methods are very useful.

In 1970 when I came back from Vietnam I was stationed at Camp Carson [uS Army} with the 283rd Assault Helicopter Company. We were working with the 10th Mountain Division to do high altitude cold weather Combat Assaults with the primary target area in Russia! We received a lot of training in how to identify and destroy Russian Armor and Soft Skin military vehicles. It was very difficult and interesting training. So in December of 1970 I was in Vietnam in Combat against North Vietnam Soldiers [ not many VC by this time] in 100deg F. and 100% humidity and 2 weeks later flying at 1 mile high in 30% F. snow blizzard conditions. I am very happy I never had to use my Combat training against Russians because the World would be a very different place and I would probably not be around! Dan King

Hi, Dan. Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad that we have a lot in common. And I'm very sorry that now in the Donbass have a contingent of American security company Academi, formerly known as Blackwater. Defenders DNR already badly battered them and other mercenaries.
Dan, whom you did military service? Can we send our club Plastmaster your photos with the Autograph and a wish? We in turn will send you my.
With great respect to you. Oleg.

Continue to acquaint you with the work. I hope all of you would be interested. Waiting for clues.

Production of the fence.

Take a self-adhesive aluminum tape. Ready-made templates..

2349487.jpg

Join two sheets of aluminum What would end with a self-adhesive performed at both ends.

1775584.jpg

7930219.jpg

Believe we put another layer of foil for rigidity.

5671724.jpg

Mode on the first pattern, this frame. .

1502476.jpg

The second frame we highlight buduyuschego fold line.

8595981.jpg

1099649.jpg

The third frame to remove the middle

0855640.jpg

Now in grid-netting.

9852187.jpg

Grid is applied on all sides of the frame and sizing strips of tape.

0647978.jpg

Well, fold the edge corners.

9959603.jpg

7048135.jpg

Well, after all as usual. Coloring.

3871403.jpg

2900074.jpg

7312179.jpg

3221745.jpg

More photos of the fence here. http://modelistbarnaul.ru/forum/7-229-4

Oleg - Sorry I did not reply sooner. I am not sure how to do the actions you requested? I did go to your web site, but is all in Russian. Here is a photo of me in Vietnam, picture taken around September 1969. Aircraft is a UH-1D model Huey set-up to do Combat Assaults. Uniform is Nomex Flightsuit with a ceramic Aluminum Chicken Vest, Pistol is WWW-2 era Smith and Wesson Model 38 caliber revolver. I found your web site interesting despite not being able to read it.

Edited by Greyhound

• 1 year later...

This is terrific work, absolutely fantastic detail and superb execution.

I have a few questions (not criticisms) just some curious questions about the dio.

1. Will there be more progress pics?

2. Will there be more work on the blown out potion of the house?

I was wondering about the blown out portion of the house. Shouldn't the foundation have some damage and isnt the room a little too tidy for having a blown out wall? Should part of the floor display damage and the walls be darkened, perhaps wall paper peel and such, some broken furniture and other damaged items? Also the surrounding exterior wall near the blown out portion, shouldn't they display some stress fractures and such?

This is not criticism at all, I think your work is fantastic. These are just mere observations and curiosities. I was thinking perhaps more progress pics would be posted and many of my questions would be answered.

Thanks for posting your work, I really enjoyed reading the thread. I know it's a year old, but hopefully you will post some more.

Edited by spiralcity

Hey, Dennis, Kevin, and other colleagues. Diorama ready. Sorry for not uploaded photos.

I show how the process went on.

plastic pvc

9177615.jpg

stuck in our "Liquid stencil" analog stop-coloring. Since then quite easy to peel.

s0427794.jpg

I did formwork. Filled alibastroy. Removed plastic.

s1162159.jpg

s2872018.jpg

Many photos were gone. Showing what's left. The result was a concrete area in front of the house. Who later he toned kraskoy.Vysadil garden. Asphalt our club produces itself. I decided to make two kinds of old and new.

molautomoS87%20024.jpgzOfxgGdcpRA.jpg

1359721.jpg

s6606040.jpg

Now my answer to Kevin about the destruction. I had planned to portray not an explosion and mechanical damage to the walls of the APC.

9080552.jpg

Photos of Siberian modelers rally in Novosibirsk. On this autumn in September Siberian rally will take us in Barnaul. I invite you all to visit us.

11048764_816504585082145_551632435730025

Photos of Siberian modelers rally in Novosibirsk. On this autumn in September Siberian rally will take us in Barnaul. I invite you all to visit us.

11048764_816504585082145_551632435730025