Modern Military Vehicles

shaynnon

I must not be as good at Googling as I once thought, because I'm having real trouble finding kits of these. If someone knows of any of these kits already in production, please let me know. Thanks!

FPI Cougar H MRAP

M93 Fox

Foxhound (Ocelot) LPPV

Buffalo H

Husky VMMD

RG-31

RG-33

Navistar International MaxxPro

Oshkosh M-ATV

I believe that Panda Models produces the Cougar MRAP. Both Panda and Kinetic produce the M-ATV.

The RG-31 is produced by Kinetic. Nothing on the RG-33 yet.

Bronco Models produced the Buffalo (2004-2006) but you'd probably need a resin update set to make the H version.

If any company was going to produce a Husky VMMD, it would be Meng Models.

You might poke around to see what was announced at the Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

Revell did the Fuchs (03038). Have no idea how much has to be modified for a U.S. version

The two basic modifications I know of are the replacing of the German machine gun with that of the M240 in a mount that is the same as the Abrams loaders mount and the same style US smoke grenade launchers that we use on tanks and the M88s. Antenna mounts are different as well as pioneer tools. I am pretty sure MR Modellbau did a detail set to make the Revell kit into a US version. I know they also did better tires and other improvement sets for the Fox/Fuchs.

• Like 1

Great information, everyone!

I don't know why I had such difficulty in finding these, but so glad a forum like this is around to help me find them. I hope to return the favor at some point.