Calling All Spitfires

SkyKing

Does anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area have a copy of this book by John Beaman that I can borrow? I'll be at tomorrow's NCT meeting.

Does anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area have a copy of this book by John Beaman that I can borrow? I'll be at tomorrow's NCT meeting.

Have you tried Interlibrary loan. They have gotten me nearly everything I've ever tried to get.

Have you tried Interlibrary loan. They have gotten me nearly everything I've ever tried to get.

I may resort to that. I hadn't thought that anything so specialized as that would be in a public library.

Though it is possible it might be in some library somewhere, it's not too likely as it was speicially done for modelers.

"Calling All Spitfires - A Scale Modelers Guide to the Spitfire in 1/72 Scale" was a document privately produced by a gentleman named John R. Beaman Jr. back in 1973. There was also an "Update" published in 1975.

Though much of the information can be found in the Merlin and Griffon Spitfire volumes of the Modeler's Datafile series done more recently, the "how-to" convert aspects of Calling All Spitfires is pretty valuable.

As a result of it being privately done, there probably aren't that many copies running around and it has no ISBN number to help track it.

I've already passed the message along to SkyKing that if none of the locals can fill his need, to let me know.

Nat

Back in "olden days" John was Editor of the IPMS/Greensboro, NC Chapter Newsletter and served as IPMS/USA Quarterly Editor 1968-1970. John did a GREAT job in both capacities. He really knows his subjects. :smiley20:

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Matbe if Mark went to that Chapters link off of the Chapter/RC Directory, he can get hooked up :) Good Idea Ralph!!!!!!!!

While I don't live anywhere near TX, I think I still have a copy of this around the house. In fact, I am pretty sure I have the original and the update. One had a yellow cover & the other blue.

I don't have a need to keep it, if anyone's interested in getting one for yourself... :smiley2:

I can start looking if there is some interest.

While I don't live anywhere near TX, I think I still have a copy of this around the house. In fact, I am pretty sure I have the original and the update. One had a yellow cover & the other blue.

I don't have a need to keep it, if anyone's interested in getting one for yourself... :smiley2:

I can start looking if there is some interest.

I'll take both off your hands if you are serious about getting rid of them.