wintha16

Hi folks. I'm Bob "Bails" Bailey from Woodbury, Minnesota, located on the east side of the Twin Cities, Minneapolis-St. Paul.

At age 77, I've been gluing-up little airplanes since the early 1940's, during ww2. Solid balsa models were what I focused on then, with my trusty X-acto, Testor's tube glue, sandpaper, sanding sealer, and Dope. We hung them from the bedroom ceiling in those days. I started a number of stick models but never finished one.....needed a third hand and a lot more patience.

Got into plastics in early 1970's, mostly 1/72....Frog, Matchbox, Tamiya, and Hasegawa. Was a member of IPMS from that time until the late '80's when I focused on the 401K, not modeling. Retired in 1998 and took up the hobby with vigor, and rejoined the Society.

I am impressed with the progress the Society has made in the recent past with a dramatically improved Journal, consistently high quality National Convention, and worthwhile programs aimed a various segments of our hobby. Upon returning to the hobby my primary focus was 1/48 WW 2 fighters. For the past few months I've been deep into 1/48 jets wherein Alclad 2 is a real blessing. Jets ARE fun, too!!

I'm not active in the Society, however I am glad we have it for its doing a lot to keep the flame of our hobby burning.

I look forward to spending time with y'all.

Peace,

Bails

Edited by wintha16

Welcome Bob bails bailey you sound pretty experienced but if ever have any questions go ahead and post everybody here on the forum is real helpfull and if you ever get into acrylics give me a holler I paint exclusively with them and am quite experienced . happy to have ya here

Welcome Balls. Your story sounds very familiar. Lots of us are getting to an advanced age and have been doing this for years. Show us some of your models. There are lots of good, friendly and very knowledgeable people here. You will enjoy it.

Welcome Bails! Best wishes and happy modeling from another aircraft builder. Best,

Mark