Need Article From International Air Power Review #18 Magazine

Scooter

Hi - does anyone have a copy of "International Air Power Review #18" published a couple of years back. Its the one with the Su-22 in it. I would like to get a copy of the Su-22 article if possible - if anyone would be so kind. I can give you my email if you want to scan and email it (although I don't know how many pages it was) or I can email you my address for a color copy. Many thanks in return. - AC

Hello Adam,

- I have that issue. Love the article, there are some cool paint schemes in it. It runs 28 pages (counting the fold out pages). Since the IAPR is larger than normal publications, making color copies may get expensive if the person making the copies does not own an oversive (11x17ish) copier. So I ran some test scans and was able to fit 95% of the page into the scan. Here at my end they come out beautifully in jpeg format.

- As scanned, they run between 2.3 and 2.7 MB each. I then opened them and re-sized them to 1024x768. That drops their sizes down to 500-650 KB each (which makes them MUCH more email friendly), BUT they have already started to lose their resolution. I only test scanned 5 sample pages, (because it is a little labor intensive) as tests first and then have posted them in photobucket and pasted them here. So, copy them from here and see how they look in your PC, ORRRRRR PM your email to me and I can email them to you for a look-see. If these are working for you and another member has not stepped up with a simpler way of getting you a copy, then I'll scan, reduce, and email the rest to you (probably in groups of five pages each).

Su-22-1.jpg

Su-22-3.jpg

Su-22-6.jpg

Su-22-10.jpg

Su-22-19.jpg

See how these work and let me know. Model on fellow Enthusiast of the Swing-wing Su's.

Ken,

Thanks for posting those great pages. Normally, I'm a WWII a/c modeler (prefer interesting camouflage schemes) but occasionally a good jet scheme comes along that tweaks my interest - as these SU schemes do.

I've downloaded the pages and am enjoying them. :smiley20:

Thanks Again and hope to see you in Columbus. :smiley17:

Ken,

If you have a color printer that can make a color copy of each page off the top plate of the printer, copy every page and simply mail them to Adam's home address. Your production time may be 30 minutes tops. He should have them within a few days. This way you skip all the electronic file creation, massaging, and posting, and Adam gets a complete copy of everything, even if he has to paste the foldouts together.

This is just a suggestion. I've copied and mailed kit instructions to guys requesting help like this here on the DF before. Simpler is better. You are a good guy for offering your help, and you do it just because you can.

Ed

Thanks so much. PM sent with my email address.

I have already printed the 5 pages you posted - no problem. The article is just as great as I thought it would be!

AC