DECAL ASSISTANCE REQUESTED

Bob Dedmon

HELP NEEDED! Guys, I need someone who has the capability to print white for a decal sheet. I can't finish my YF-23 PAV -1. I have a pattern and colors I just don't have the capability to print white/light gray. Need a response ASAP as this is the only thing holding this model up from going to Richmond at the end of the month.

Could you print it on white decal paper and cut carefully around it? I understand an Alps printer can print white if you can find someone with one. (I don't think they are made anymore.) Last resort is a custom decal printing service but I think they are pricey! Nick Filippone

Bob,

These guys specialize in model railroading decals and stickers, but they do custom work. I can not vouch for them personally, but I had a friend use them for some white decals for a truck and he was satisfied. Would be worth giving them a shot.

http://www.elstrains.com/

By the way, if they do work out, repost here for others. I would like to know about the work they do.

Edited by PeteJ

Both the 1/72 and 1/48 scale sheets are available on E-bay, but you better move on it. One 1/48 sheet went for high bid of $102.50! There is another 1/72 sheet for a buy it now bid of $12. There is a 1/48 sheet for a buy it now bid of $33. I found these by googling Caracal YF-23 decals and had to go to the second page but they are there. I will bet they won't be there for long. Custom printing is not likely to be cheaper even if you could get them made in time. Good luck! Nick Filippone

If you go to google and search for custom waterslide deals there are several custom companies out there. The sight I suggest does appear to just redirect you to other sites. Kind of disappointing they did do some nice work.

I've been on evilbay several times in the past month looking for the sheet in 1/48...no joy. I accidently bought the 1/72 sheet. I've copied it and blew it up to 1/48...IF I can't find the 1/48 sheet that's what I hope to use to get a new 1/48 sheet made from.

Bob,

I've been looking into the same issue (white decals) and have reduced my choices to two options...other than paying someone to actually print white.

As someone else mentioned, for solid white decals, you can simply created a box of the same base color as your model and then superimpose the white portion in this box. Then, you print it out on white decal paper, cut as close as possible to the white subject, and place on your model. If matched correctly, the color left around the edged of the decal should blend into your base coat.

Another option, but one I cannot vouch for, is a product I found online called Hobbycal Decal Paper. It claims that all non-printed clear areas of the decal film dry white on the model. I was going to buy some and give it a try, but haven't done so yet.

Good luck,