New Model Room

wedfactory

It is a nice looking area, well laid out. It looks like you could have two or three projects going at the same time. Please explain your paint booth. I can't seem to find one in the third photo. What am I missing?

That's a masterful looking man cave! I could see spending many relaxing, satisfying hours in there......right up til the time you open a box and start building something! :P

Congrats on the new(er) digs! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

I have a brick house. That means that the exterior walls are thicker than most homes without brick. This leaves the windows set quite a way back from the wall. I placed the work area in front of the window and had 4" of space between the bench edge and window. So I built a vent box out of foam core that would fit in that space.

In the section below you can see what I did. The vent box is build from foamcore taped with blue painters tape.

Drawing1-Modelcopy.jpg

The two small fans are taped to the face of the vent that faces the window and blows the air out through the window (when I remember to open it :huh: )

The total coat was about $40. I have also attached a surge protector to the underside of the bench and plugged in the fans, light and compressor to it. So when I want to paint I just hit the on/off switch on the surge protector and the whole bench powers up.

Here are some close up photos of the vent box..

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

I purposely built the open about 2 inches higher than the bench top to prevent anything rolling into the vent. the tassels are there from when I first built it to test the suction power. It gets rid of most of the fumes when I am working.

Ah-Ha!!! Well done. I like the looks of the paint booth. One thing that you might want to add, if you don't have it, is to tape a small filter in front of the fan. You will be amazed how much paint it will collect. Good luck with your new set-up