Jump to content

New Model Room


wedfactory
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a brick house. That means that the exterior walls are thicker than most homes without brick. This leaves the windows set quite a way back from the wall. I placed the work area in front of the window and had 4" of space between the bench edge and window. So I built a vent box out of foam core that would fit in that space.

 

In the section below you can see what I did. The vent box is build from foamcore taped with blue painters tape.

 

Drawing1-Modelcopy.jpg

 

The two small fans are taped to the face of the vent that faces the window and blows the air out through the window (when I remember to open it :huh: )

 

The total coat was about $40. I have also attached a surge protector to the underside of the bench and plugged in the fans, light and compressor to it. So when I want to paint I just hit the on/off switch on the surge protector and the whole bench powers up.

 

Here are some close up photos of the vent box..

 

DSC_0248.jpg

 

DSC_0247.jpg

 

DSC_0249.jpg

 

I purposely built the open about 2 inches higher than the bench top to prevent anything rolling into the vent. the tassels are there from when I first built it to test the suction power. It gets rid of most of the fumes when I am working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah-Ha!!! Well done. I like the looks of the paint booth. One thing that you might want to add, if you don't have it, is to tape a small filter in front of the fan. You will be amazed how much paint it will collect. Good luck with your new set-up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...