first build of the 2015 ..62 impala

Bubbajoe

On the bench Revells 62 chevy impala. First build of the new year and its kicking me in the teeth. each step forward i take, i seem to take 2 backwards. first it was the engine block. primed with krlon gray then model master chevy engine red. for some reason the red paint did not cover very well ,after 2 coats it started to fill in the detail of the engine so i stripped it and started over. 2nd attempt same as the first. the paint pooled in the corners and looked messy. back into the the oven cleaner bath it went. i ended up painting it red. next it was the BMF... let me tell you , i have a love hate relationship with this stuff. for each piece i applied right there were at least 2 that i either tore while applying or burnishing. after getting one piece on and looking decent i stopped and sealed it with clear gloss just to be on the safe side and help prevent it from tearing. which i did on more than one accession while applying the next piece. next it was the interior. again primed ,let dry for a few days then color. this time the paint spidered , but only on the side panels. the seats and the dash were fine, all primed and painted at the same time. no idea why??? into the oven cleaner with them for a do over as well. here are a few photos of it so far.

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

The pics look GREAT bubba! I hope you can figure out what made the paint do what it did. That's one thing that really gets to me is not finding a solution to a PAINT problem. I usually go until I DO find out what made it do what it did...

Edited by GaryDavis

thanks gary, it is either one or two things...i may be a little to far form the model while i spray the paint ,causing the paint to dry while in the air. or the temp is too cold. i'm spraying in the barn but it is still cold and the thinner pieces are cooling faster than the thicker dash and seats. i sanded off the bad paint and will give it another go. thanks for the input