The Duke's First Aircraft for 2015

Mark Deliduka

Okay, here are my first aircraft completed in the new year. It took longer than I'd hoped, but at least I'm making progress. These also represent three of the projects I made a resolution to finish this year.

First up: My 1/72 scale Hobby Boss Easy Kit. Ain't nothin' easy about building this! Started early last year; painted up in Alclad (after seven attempts) and completed as Major Jabara's plane:

US_F_86_Sabre_Maj_Jabara_I.jpg

US_F_86_Sabre_Maj_Jabara_II.jpg

Next is an ancient 1/72 scale Frog kit of the British Gloster Meteor F Mk. IV. Someone gave this to me when they heard me say that I had never built a Gloster Meteor for my British Air Force. Started in early 2014 and done up in Alclad as well, (six attempts here). Used the original decals as well since I didn't have anything newer:

British_Gloster_Meteor_F_Mk_IVa.jpg

British_Gloster_Meteor_F_Mk_IVb.jpg

Finally, this is my 1/72 scale Hasegawa Australian F-111F Aardvark that I started in 2013. I had set it aside to see about allowing the wings to swing instead of being glued into position, but the engineering was far beyond me. I finally just buckled down and got it done:

Australian_F_111F_Aardvark_I.jpg

Australian_F_111F_Aardvark_II.jpg

It ain't the best; there's a ton of issues all over it, but I'm pleased with the results and thrilled to finally have it done. Eventually, I'll add some underwing ordinance to it to beef it up.

That's all for now. I also completed three more armor models bringing my count up to 668 completed armor models. Feel free to check them out in the Armor Forums.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Absolutely great, Duke! Keep up the good work!

Mark

Thanks guys! I will Mark, I have three more I hope to get done soon.

Joe, thanks! I've actually finished six models this week. the other three are ground vehicles and can be seen in the armor forum.

Thanks again for the great compliments guys!

Thanks Gil! I'm glad I was able to help keep the family Alclad business afloat. There are several more aircraft I want to do with that same stuff. This has been great practice.

I'm pleased with that Aussie as well. I gotta find some underwing stores, she'll look so much more meaner with them added!