Wave Oskar Sk362 Panzer spahwagen

BryanKrueger

I couldn't wait to start the new Wave Oskar kit once I received it. It's easy to assemble but I plan to detail it with the soon to be released Hexamodel Oskar detail set. I've basically gotten it as far as I can right now.

I modified the rear hull as I have seen the preliminary shots. I also took this opportunity to add some additional details to help spruce things up a bit.

oskar_0.jpg

oskar_00.jpg

oskar_1.jpg

oskar_2.jpg

oskar_3.jpg

oskar_5.jpg

oskar_6.jpg

The Oskar is it's own unique design. It's 1/20 scale. The Nutrocaker kit from Hasegawa is 1/35 scale and still a larger kit.

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMK-42/Sci

I think the original scratch build was based on a computer trackball housing.

Really Nice! Can't wit to see more! I finally got ahold of a Krote! I used to have three but they somehow came up missing (think some of my Daughter's shady boyfriends helped themselves to my stash). Picked it up for a decent price and can't wait to add it to the assembly line.

Thanks Mark.

So I've made a little progress. Hexamodel did all the hard work so I don't have too. Hinge parts are just blue tacked in place for now. There is so much detail, it will need to be painted prior to assembly. I added a few more greeblies under the head socket section.

osker_01.jpg

osker_02.jpg

osker_03.jpg

osker_04.jpg

osker_05.jpg

Nope, no driver. Unmanned reconnaissance vehicle.

Original design dates back to the mid 80s and appeared in an old Hobby Japan issue as part of the SF3D series.. ModelKasten released a resin and vac-u-formed hull kit about 10 years ago. Wave released the first injection molded kit of this design late last year. Hexamodel just released two different upgrades. This one with the full engine, and a second smaller set with additional side mounted rockets - Oskar R6.

Hexamodel also released two full resin kits of the Oskar and Oskar R6.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...