Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Herne

Hasegawa P-40e Raaf

This is Hasegawa's 1/32 P-40E. It's basically OOB with the exception of seatbelts. I wanted something other than OD over Neutral Gray, so I used a set of Montex Masks originally done for the Revell kit. This P-40 flew with 2OTU at Mildura until 1945.

It's Alclad, Gunze, and Vallejo. Weathering was done with (of course) Warpigs washes and pigments.

J

p40_2.jpg

p40_3.jpg

p40_4.jpg

Very Nice.... makes me want to go out and buy one.

There may have been better American WWII fighters, but the P-40 will always have a special place for me. That coming from an ex Flying Tiger circa 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing (1981-84). Great job on a great plane.

Thanks, Chris

That has to be one of the most colorful P-40's I've ever seen. You nailed the NMF! Did you make a sludge wash with the Warpigs powders, or is there a dedicated wash? You're accenting looks excellent! Congrats on a very crisp build and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Hard to beat a P-40 for being one of the most coolest birds of WWII, Nice choice using a RAAF scheme.

Thanks guys. When I was building the model, I wanted something other than OD...

Turns out I used every primary color...red, yellow, blue, green, black, and white!

The washes are Warpigs washes, it's an item I produce. Its on the website.

Jeff

Jeff, looks great. I love P-40's of all kinds. However, the NMF ones are a cut above. Nice job.

Sign in to follow this