New IPMS/USA Website

Eric Aitala

Er, the Iowa Podiatric Medical Society (IPMS) ??

Heh.

I'm attempting to get Google to remove the bad link but I've also replaced the old file with an added meta-refresh line which should send everyone to the live page.

And I'm still trying to get the 404 / page not found issue resolved with the web host.

E

the link is www.ipms.org/ fyi

When I was setting up the original IPMS/USA web site in 1996 I applied for "IPMS.org". But that URL had already taken by the "International Power Motor Squadron", a boating organization.

That organization has (apparently?) since been re-named the "International Sail and Power Academy ISPA" .

A minor incidental IPMS/USA history item. :smiley1:

Eric,

Still loving it! Most of all the Individual link to reviews! This pushes the Search function and will get us more Wen coverage! Thanks for everything!!

Hi,

Try http://www.ipmsusa.org/index.shtml - if that does not work, I'll be really surprised.

Am working on getting the dead link fixed on Google, plus getting the 404 page on the server fixed... been trying to get tech support to fix the latter for three days.

E

www.ipmsusa.org is what i have been triying to connect to. When i do a search and the link comes up and i click on it I get the error code. I have tried this at home and work aand both times i get the same thing.

Chris g.

I have yet to see the new home page. I can't get to it through any method. I get the 404 error every time. I typed in Eric's suggested link above and got a white screen with the single sentence "The system cannot find the path specified."

I am only able to get directly into the forum with Google Chrome by doing a search on ipms and selecting the choice forum.ipmsusa3.org , which takes me directly to the forum home screen and entering my username and password as usual in the box. So, now I am in, but clicking on the IPMSUSA Home Page link on the left end of the menu bar gives me the 404 message.

I hate to think this is now my third computer that has been upgraded out of the IPMSUSA website.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Both messages you are getting are 'page not found' errors and are not you getting locked out of the site - if you can access the Forums, you should be able to see the home page.

While I've not resolved the primary 404 page issue, I do have duplicate index pages at that main site, so you should be able to access them.

So let's try this - go to http://www.ipmsusa.org/about to try to access the site. There should be no cache or anything on your system for that link

Also, can you go to http://www.ipmsusa.org/browser_test.html and let me know which browser you are using?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

Try http://www.ipmsusa.org/index.shtml - if that does not work, I'll be really surprised.

Am working on getting the dead link fixed on Google, plus getting the 404 page on the server fixed... been trying to get tech support to fix the latter for three days.

E

www.ipmsusa.org is what i have been triying to connect to. When i do a search and the link comes up and i click on it I get the error code. I have tried this at home and work aand both times i get the same thing.

Chris g.

I have yet to see the new home page. I can't get to it through any method. I get the 404 error every time. I typed in Eric's suggested link above and got a white screen with the single sentence "The system cannot find the path specified."

I am only able to get directly into the forum with Google Chrome by doing a search on ipms and selecting the choice forum.ipmsusa3.org , which takes me directly to the forum home screen and entering my username and password as usual in the box. So, now I am in, but clicking on the IPMSUSA Home Page link on the left end of the menu bar gives me the 404 message.

I hate to think this is now my third computer that has been upgraded out of the IPMSUSA website.

Ed

The ...index works for me. I had been having no luck for a couple of days so today, I tried to see if I could get on the site to see what happened. I used a reference to one of the reviews and got to the home page and forums from there. New look looks good.

Wow Eric, I was stunned to see the new web site. As you say, it needed for some upgrades. Once I re-learn the web site, I'm sure it'll be easy to use.

Well deone and a great big THANK YOU.

Tim

Jeez,

You guys have NO idea how much work it takes to maintain the IPMS/USA website... You should give Eric a Gold Medal; at least it would be something he could cash in...But NO... you would rather take the website for granted... Let me tell you THIS: If you ignore it, it WILL go away.

Jeez,

You guys have NO idea how much work it takes to maintain the IPMS/USA website... You should give Eric a Gold Medal; at least it would be something he could cash in...But NO... you would rather take the website for granted... Let me tell you THIS: If you ignore it, it WILL go away.

Robert,

You are right I do not have any Idea how much it takes to run this site. That said I don't beleive Anyone here has put down or said anything to bad mouth Eric or his efforts. In fact I can tell you That I personnelly applaud all his time and work. The new site looks great and the old site was in bad need of this upgrade. Like any good manager Eric has started this tread to find out any issue or problems that people run accross. As I have stated to Eric one that I was seeing is the old link was showing a 404 error message. Eric is all over this and handling things very well. So feedback helps with any growing process. I'm sure there will be more issue, either operator error ( Members that are not computer savy) or techincal ones. It happens. So far I would say things are going very smoothly. Great Job Eric!!

Chris G. :Smile_sceptic:

Eric,

Still rocking good for me! I did get some traffic from the FB page that the NATS registration might not be working properly.

• 8 months later...

site does look good, but I hate the new format of the Upcoming events..the map is cool,but I really liked having that list to scroll through as well..it gave all you needed to know in one list...when and where..contact ,website etc..now its just confusing.

Hey,

How about this?

http://calendar.ipmsusa3.org/all-events

Eric

site does look good, but I hate the new format of the Upcoming events..the map is cool,but I really liked having that list to scroll through as well..it gave all you needed to know in one list...when and where..contact ,website etc..now its just confusing.

First of all, thanks for all of your hard work.

I've managed numerous websites over the years, and I know firsthand the amount of time and energy that goes into it.

I appreciate everything that you do.

Having said that, the homepage looks the same to me as it did a week ago.

Am I missing something?

People are talking about the "new look", and I don't see it...

Eric just added an additional feature to the map page. You can now put in a range of dates for when you want to see all of the shows in that date range. For example if you want to see all of the shows in the entire country on a certain weekend, pick a date on say Thursday (to catch shows that start on Fridays) and and end date on Monday and you will see all of the shows during that weekend. Test it for the weekend of November 7, 2015 and you will see where all of the shows are for that weekend--with multiple shows across multiple regions.

This is a great planning tool for a club wanting to pick a show date into next year. Pick out the proposed weekend and you will be able to see all of the other shows in the country scheduled for that weekend so far. Of course this only displays shows that are already scheduled so the moral of the story is to get your show scheduled (with concurrence with your RC) as soon as you can. Verbal approvals are great but actual scheduled dates are less likely to be stepped on in the future because they will be on the map for everyone to see (and avoid being a conflict).

I want to thank Eric for all of the work he has poured into this new event list/calendar/and map. Behind the scenes he has automated several processes that used to require a great deal of retyping and cutting and pasting. He makes it possible for the DLC, RCs, and members to work smarter and more efficiently. Yes it may take some minor adjustments and recalibration from the past but the this is a massive increase in capability.

Well done Eric!!!!!

Side note to Whiskey Tango--all of the changes recently discussed since Oct. 13th refer to the News and Events tab of the webpage.