Security Police, 1970s

ikar

You should have seen it when they cut off our food supplies from the water port. It got to the point where I was feeling sorry for food service and what they were puting up with from the "customers". They had to resort to issuing "C" rats on plates and powdered milk. It was all they had left. Wonderful, round meals on plates with rings on them from the cans. At lest we knew which ones not to take. Learned that from AZR.

You should have seen it when they cut off our food supplies from the water port. It got to the point where I was feeling sorry for food service and what they were puting up with from the "customers". They had to resort to issuing "C" rats on plates and powdered milk. It was all they had left. Wonderful, round meals on plates with rings on them from the cans. At lest we knew which ones not to take. Learned that from AZR.

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, you could have them or MREs. They aren't too bad, since some of them are freeze dried. They now give out little containers of Hot sauce to go with them to make them more palateable. The freeze dried fruits aren't half bad eaten plain, without water. Kinda like having the fruit and cereal in the AM. :smiley20::smiley20:

The first time I had MREs was at Minot in about 1984 during a attack exercise.

At least with the "C" rats you could use the cans as an alarm system with rocks and tripwire, stick the lid in the ground with the edge up, and so on.

The first time I had MREs was at Minot in about 1984 during a attack exercise.

At least with the "C" rats you could use the cans as an alarm system with rocks and tripwire, stick the lid in the ground with the edge up, and so on.

Well, at least the newer ones have a few condiments added to the packet. Things like hot sauce and such can add a little something to the blandness of the MRE. Still a lot better than "Pork Patties" or "Beef Patties". Either one, heated or otherwise, could be used as paving or as hockey pucks. ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!! :smiley24::smiley24: I'd much rather have something cold from the mess hall than those.

• 1 month later...

Some great stuff here. Always been interested in the V-100 and XM706.

Hope you can answer this question as the pics don't always tell the tale.

Were any of the vehicles done up in the tri color SEA scheme or just the tan sprayed over OD? Notice one pic of the M113 looks like tri color while most of the pics look like the standard OD.

http://missing-lynx.com/art_gallery/art_mo...100_laurier.htm