Minicraft 1/144 Avro Lancaster

Ron Bell

I found this kit in a Half Price Books store. You don't see the white scheme that much, so I snapped it up. Bad kit. Engine nacelles fit terribly. No interior. Landing gear legs way too long, so have to be cut down. Wheels are too thin, but thicker ones won't fit on the gear set up provided. The MGs look more like 74mm cannons, so I replaced them with wire. H2S shown on marking instructions, but none provided. Made from bomb half. Dorsal turret was removed from some Lancasgter F.Es. (Far East) to make way for more fuel, so I deleted the kit turret, which was ok as it was WAY too tall. The serial number on the decal sheet does not match the one shown on the instructions! Etc, etc. etc. Anyway, done just for fun, here 'tis.

DSCN3990.jpg

DSCN3992.jpg

DSCN3993.jpg

DSCN3995.jpg

• Like 1

Those are the kit clear parts. Pretty thick, but actually pretty clear. I polished them out and Kleer coated them. The framing is decal striping. It works well as long as you don't have compound curves. It was the only way I was going to get framing thin enough to look good.

• 2 weeks later...