USS Enterprise NC-1701E

wedfactory

Got his kit for Christmas from my sister, she is a trekkie.

DSC_1213.jpg

Started building it 2 days ago. Being a snap tite the fit is questionable, so it has been glue several part putty and sand, glue several more.. Good thing it only has 12 parts.

DSC_1214.jpg

DSC_1215.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

Next step is light ghost gray overall then decals. By the way here are the decal sheets...

DSC_1217.jpg

The decals on this kit are a paint in the #*%!! You can tell when you look at them and their placement that certain things should line up. They don't. Most of the decals will require you to cut them up to ease the placement of them. I figured 1 full day to do these at first, now I am looking at a week! Loks of 4 letter words and micro-set and micro-sol, and some more micro-sol..

DSC_1242.jpg

DSC_1243.jpg

My time in decal purgatory is now over. Four days of decaling this little thing. 90 decals total. I had to cut up a good number to make them more manageable.

DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1266.jpg

DSC_1267.jpg

DSC_1268.jpg

DSC_1269.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

Next gloss coat it to seal the decals then a light sludge wash and call it complete.

Edited by wedfactory

Hi, Warren,

I'm confused. The box in the first photo says this is a Skill Level 2 kit. That must be for the young builder. "Dad, can you help me with the decals?" You seem to have your finely tuned AMS converting it into a Skill Level 6 model. It certainly looks like one. Great work so far.

Ed