My take on the Sea Quest Stinger Sub.

Bubbajoe

this is my take on the Sea Quest stinger sub. its suppose to be a very dark blue almost black in color but i just saw it as wanting to be yellow. I detailed the cockpit using BMF bits and pieces from a old mac and colored tape used for ladies fingernails. the kit came with 2 headlights that were suppose to be attached inside the canopy ,but it covered to much of the detailing of the cockpit so i left them out. instead i made a set to attach on top from extra sprue and a couple of pens. also fabricated the antenea using a tip from an old paintbrush and a fishing leader. i picked this kit up at a flea market for $3.who could pass it up for that price. the shark was not part of the kit nor the plants.

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

thank you... i came close to tossing this out, i ran into a real problem with the paint. i had 2 coats of white primer (krylon) sanded in-between coats. 2 mist coats of yellow again sanding in between each coat. i let each coat dry for a couple of days..as soon as i applied the third coat of yellow ,the paint spidered and crinkled over most of sub. no idea why...tried sanding after it dried but the paint was ruined .had to strip the sub in oven cleaner and start over.repeated the same paint process ,in the same way, this time no problem with paint. i was so afraid of clear coating that i used future and brushed it on for a top coat.

any ideas as to why this happened please let me know...i'm baffeled

Joe,

I really like your presentation of this. The shark has has the same lines as the the vehicle...or is it the other way around? Anyway, they both have the same look. What is the old adage, form follows function! It look s very functional.

Nice recovery on the paint job also.

Bill

thanks Bill, i picked up the shark at A.C moore craft store. as soon as i saw it i knew it was going to be part of the model. wish i could point a finger at why the paint failed the way it did. Anything, paint, weather ,prep work ,anything that would let me know what i did wrong so i don't repeat it in the future. just happy the second time around worked out.