Number 661, The Duke Finshes Another.

Mark Deliduka

This time it is the troublesome Dicker Max!

After all that effort to try and make this look good, I finally got it finished. I had envisioned a more weathered, modulated look; but after the difficulty I had just getting a grey basecoat down, I decided to forget about that!

Here it is, fresh from it's trial run in the dusty testing fields:

German_Dicker_Max_I.jpg

German_Dicker_Max_II.jpg

My German Army can now take delivery of yet another vehicle. That makes number 661; I'm slowly getting them done!

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome!

Looks good Duke! Pardon and aircraft guy's questions, but I take it that this was a design that never made it to mass production? Is it late war, or did technical problems prevent its wide spread use?

I think your final finish captures your idea of "testing" conditions. Someone needs to send a fleet of model B-17s your way or the Wehrmacht will make a comeback! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! Yes, this was a new design that was floated for consideration in 1944 or so. They made about two or three of these and both did see combat. My recall of the details is fuzzy, but I believe one of these did extremely well knocking out a significant number of enemy tanks. I believe they never went into mass production because by that time Germany had scarce resources to submit for this program.

You can hold off on the B-17's; I have very few if any German WWII subjects left to do. However, you may want to alert the fleet of B-52's for some of the Russian models that are coming down the pike...