Monogram/Starfighter BFC-2

JohnRatzenberger

The Monogram 1/72 F11C-2 Goshawk modified to the BFC-2 using the Starfighter conversion set and scratching up a simple 500lb bomb release. I based this model on the one on display at the Pensacola Naval Air Museum; most of the decals came from the Starfighter conversion sets except I had to mix and match to get the right codes and serials. The green bands on the fuselage and wing are decals and I had to play in my Vallejo greens until I got something close for the cowling..

bfc2_90-done-lf.jpg

bfc2_90-done-rr.jpg

There a few flaws and shortcuts here - I used this as a test run for doing the same conversion, only better and with more bomb release detail, to the Classic Airframes kit ....

• Like 1

Drop dead gorgeous John! The Goshawk is probably my favorite 30's biplane, in almost all of it's "forms"!

By the way, I highly recommend converting the old Lindberg F-11C-2 to the BFC-2 in 1/48 using the Bulcher resin conversion. Having built Classic Airframes biplanes, it would be NO harder!

Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

If you have the CA kit, then I wouldn't waste the time. If you don't, the Bulcher conversion AND the Lindberg kit will cost the same or less. Congrats on really pulling the most out of that old Monogram Goshawk!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks, Clare - the rigging is photoetch, from the Starfighter kit. All I did was cut, fit, & glue (and watch my camera angles).

Since there have been a couple questions, here is a picture of the Starfighter set:

bfc2_03-parts.jpg

And now I've outted myself - that I didn't put them all on :o