fire for affect

Zglossip

Well here it is a very small kit that has taken me three months a tamiya 1:35 scale german mortar team i really enjoyed this kit it was the first time i really took the time to appreciate and enjoy the time it took to build and paint figures , I am a novice at painting figures this is really the first figures i have attempted to take my time on and do right it took alotta help from you guys at the forum and school of youtube [ a name my family thought up because we learn how to do alott of things from youtube ] but i now finally have it done and the faces which were the hardest part for me because i have genetically shaky hands [ dad has it and grandad had it ] came out fairly good if i do say so myself . Here is a brief outline of what the story is behind this dio it is France 1940 one year before the americans entered the war the french were getting hit hard with the germans blitzkrieg tactic, a german mortar platoon hiking threw a field on there way to the front when they hear a voice over the radio from a forward scout sniper radioing in coordinates of a large enemy troop movement of 200 plus foot soldiers to there south the platoon sergeant grabs his map to see if there in range ... only a mile and a half to the targets he orders a quick setup of the four mortars under his command, one mortar crew sights in and fires one mortar to check there aim ... slightly off the scout sniper radios in new instructions ... again one round goes towards the target a brief silence and then they hear the scout sniper over the radio say direct hit FIRE FOR AFFECT. DSCF0792_zpsa3afeb8d.jpgDSCF0795_zpsf2fed347.jpgDSCF0797_zps9617c060.jpgDSCF0798_zpse201ee26.jpgDSCF0808_zps206e1b7a.jpg

My father was a navy corman and was attached to a marine mortar platoon so he gave me alot of help in how to set them up and how they operated. Thanks for the comments I dont know any other modelers so it nice to have other modelers to judge my models any criticism is appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks gil I was hesitant to make them muddy as much as I did I usually only add a light dusting of dirt but I thought what the hell there grunts they get down and dirty . Thanks for the comments I like crticism in any way it helps me know what I could do better.