The Production Line

wedfactory

Sorry about the delay in posting here, got lost working on my 1/350 scale New Jersey and reading several books.

Since it was raining hard and when it does that I can not paint. the rain beats against the window I would open to vent paint fumes. So I did what any modeler would do ... started another kit!

This is the FA-18E Super Hornet by Revell in 1/48 scale. It is an average kit for Revell. Meaning decent molds some minor fit issues but with a little tlc can turn out a god model. I plan to build this one OOB.

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Interesting how the wings are molded with the fuselage halves and the nose is separate and made to fit around the cockpit. Looking forward to seeing if this complicates the fit up front when you join them together.

GIL :smiley16:

The New Jersey got a second coat of grey paint. Looks a lot better now. Have been working on the FA-18 as well.

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

Right now the tails and wing tips are just placed on. Have some more seams to take care of before adding them.

Actually the nose fits easily, it was the air intakes that where the problem to get to fit well.