The Production Line

wedfactory

Ok, I have now gone off the deep end. I am going to scratch build the bomb bays in the B-2 model. I have cut out the kit bomb bay and made templates for the four main bay walls. I still have to cut open 2 of the bomb bay doors as the kit only came with one bay open.

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

I used the kit box to make cardboard templates of the walls so I now have to finish the kit as I have no to place to store it any longer.

Edited by wedfactory

That's a solid and authentic looking part! I like the way you captured the overall layout and shape of the divider without worrying about copying it exactly. That will really look exceptional after you layer the fine details onto it!

GIL :smiley16:

Holy crap have I ever fallen behind on this thread!!

That F-111 looks almost identical to the Su-24 Fencer. The resemblance is uncanny! Well done!

Those first pics of the wings brought back memories! I remember having to do the same thing.

Outstanding work on the bomb bay; I could never imagine doing something like that myself. Your work looks spectacular!

So you just "tossed" that -229 together? Man, I gotta quit! Even when I work hard and carefully, I can't get that good! Way to go!

Guest PetrolGator

Warren,

I think I'm going to start putzing on my -229 tonight. I've got some PE for the cockpit and whatnot, so hope to at least TRY to not do an OOB build (because that's a sin on my desk. ;) )

I may be picking your brain on the little flying wing. I'm using it to break the monotony of my Montana.

Got the bottom of the 229 painted tonight.

I had painted the model flat black last night.

Here it is just as I started painting the bottom color,

DSC_0025.jpg

Then I have all the bottom done with the first misting,

DSC_0026.jpg

then I mist over the whole bottom until I have a finish that I like.

DSC_0030.jpg

I really like your Horton. The wheel barrow nose gear has to go though. Is there a reason that it was that massive?

Your model looks great though.

Bill

It also had to handle a LOT more weight than most nose gears, being mounted in the wing right beside the engines. I also suspect that the Germans knew it would need some ruggedness to handle rough fields due to dispersal and/or Allied bombings of runways.

GIL :smiley16:

• 4 weeks later...