The Production Line

wedfactory

Hi Warren,

I'd try opening the top seam of the fuselage back to that slot and shim it to the correct width. re fill the seam and sand smooth again.

My dos pesos worth.

Bill

Bill's suggestion is probably the least amount of work, IF you can split that top seam. Even if you can't fully widen it to match the canopy you can get it a lot closer. Outside of that, simply centering the canopy and filling behind it on both sides will work, albeit involve a lot of sanding and blending. Vacking a new canopy wouldn't work unless you actually cut and sectioned the kit one to make it less wide before making the new, slightly larger copy over it.

GIL :smiley16:

I couldn't shim the fuselage as it would affect contact points for the wing connection to the fuselage. I decided to go with brute force. I found out if I pressed in on each side I can make the canopy just about fit. So I hit the edges of the canopy and fuselage with superglue and pressed the pieces together. Here is the result.

DSC_1335.jpg

DSC_1336.jpg

DSC_1337.jpg

Now it it just a matter of some putty and sanding to smooth things out. And before you post that I have fogged my canopy with the superglue, I have discovered that once you have dipped your clear parts in future you can use any glue you want to attach them. The future protects the clear parts from the fogging effect of the glues.

Guest PetrolGator

// And before you post that I have fogged my canopy with the superglue, I have discovered that once you have dipped your clear parts in future you can use any glue you want to attach them. The future protects the clear parts from the fogging effect of the glues.//

ORLY? Excellent tip bro!

• 2 weeks later...

This will be a quick build I told myself. This will be a OOB build I told myself.

So why am I rescribing it? Why am I thinking about working on the (cough) cockpit?

Let's consider the average kit quality...

DSC_0254.jpg

Now let's look at the completed (cough) cockpit...

DSC_1367.jpg

DSC_1368.jpg

DSC_1369.jpg

and now the rescribing in progress...

DSC_0252.jpg

Just shoot me now. Or is there a rehab of modelers who have lost their mind?