USS Alabama Model show

wedfactory

Guest PetrolGator

GREAT venue. The Mobile crew was great and I think this show will be a bigger deal now that they're on the Internet and advertising it. You spend $10 + $1 per model to get into the museum and tour the ships and hanger. Normally, the tour runs about $24 dollars.

IMO, there isn't a more interesting place in the south to have a show.

Anyway, as usual, I competed in ships. Swept.

1st and "Best Ship:"

DSC_0960.jpg

2nd:

DSC_0956.jpg

3rd was interesting. Apparently, the judges "flipped a coin" on my 1/350 stuff. This won out:

DSC_0957.jpg

It was a flattering show.

I went over to the show, but couldn't stick around and didn't enter anything. I agree that they have hit the jackpot in terms of a prime, perfect venue year after year!

I am curious though, how did the Thunderbirds group entry and Bob Waltman's diorama (This OP is Compromised) fare in the awards pecking order?

Thanks...

Edited by RLFoster

Guest PetrolGator

Best of Show was the huge, beautiful diorama of the assembly of a rail gun, if that's what you're referring to.

Both group builds won, though I do not recall which was first.

Best of Show was the huge, beautiful diorama of the assembly of a rail gun, if that's what you're referring to.

Both group builds won, though I do not recall which was first.

Thanks Chris,

No, Bob's dio was the vertical cliff face with the special op figures from Afghanistan. It took Best of Show at Eaglequest this year.

The dio you're talking about must have shown up after I had already left...bummer.

Thanks again...