M4 Sherman "Fury" from the movie

jcorley

I've been waiting for this movie all year, and will go see it this weekend.

My question is simple: is this configuration valid for the war in the Spring of 1945 and why arent the models out yet?!

The tank is an M4E8 HVSS with the muzzle brake, and all of that can be made from various kits and aftermarket, but is there a single kit to get the movie config?

• 2 weeks later...

James, there's been a bit of discussion on various other sites on just how you'd display "Fury" from the movie. In actuality, "Fury" is an M4A2E8 diesel being presented as an M4A3E8. You can certainly kitbash to make the movie version or use the Tasca (now Tamiya) M4A3E8 to depict what actually would have been used in NWE in early 1945. My leaning is to use the Tasca kit. Otherwise, you can use the older Academy M4A2 (Russian) kit as a base, steal the bogies from, say, the older Dragon M4A3 "Easy Eight" release. I don't know where you'd source the T-84 tracks (IIRC, they were T-84s) but I'd imagine they were available in some Sherman kit. And the aftermarket could supply the later turret with the oval loader's hatch.

It shouldn't be too difficult to source the kits I mentioned - they may even have said turret in the box as a spare. Then, pile on the storage - pails, C-Ration boxes, ammo boxes, etc. That should get you close!

Frank