Monogram 56 T bird

Bubbajoe

i just put the finishing touches on this Monogram 56 T bird. I picked up this model for $5.00 last year at a flea market. the model is from 1977, it has a metal body, roof and hood. i honestly did not know how well it would come out so i did not take any photos of the build. all and all i think it came out reasonanable well,i made a few mistakes . i need to work on my painting skills . i used BMF around the top and the rear fenders. the photo of the engine is a bit blurred because i had to hold open the hood with one hand and snap the photo with the other the hood is hinged and once the body is attached can not be taken off. of coarse i put a small chip in the hood trying to hold it up..oh well.anyways i wired the spark plugs ,don't think you can see it in the photo. thanks for taking a look

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

Edited by Bubbajoe

It looks very good to me too. The 55-57 T-Birds are my favorites. The 62 convertible is right up there too. Good job BBJ.

Edited by GaryDavis

Those metal kits were like the old Hubley ones. The advantage was you could use automotive lacquers on them without fear of the body melting. I did several of the Hubley kits and used automotive touch up paints in rattle cans.

Your's looks like it took a good finish. Nice job. Love a red T-bird.

Thank you...i liked working with the metal body and it took paint real nice, i used krylon out of the can. 2 primer coats, 3 color coats sanding in-between each coat. wish i had an airbrush and a paint booth.( some day) my biggest problem is dust . that and i tend to press a little hard while sanding taking, color off the high spots. i hand brushed the clear coat, i used future ,2 coats sanding in-between . it is by no means perfect but it is the best finished i have put on a car to date. i also tried adding carpet to the interior. i used embossing powder. read about using it and wanted to try. not sure you can see it in the interior photo. the 56 t bird is my hit the lotto car. i always wanted one. thanks again for the feedback i appreciate it .