Syrian Sturmgeschutz III

Mark Aldrich

I started this on vacation. This is a really nice kit. A few instruction issues but has gone together nicely. I will be subbing a DshK for the Breda 12.7mm that most believe these were equipped with.

syriastugIII_zps0f5435d8.jpg

kit_zps248f6a68.jpg

IMG_0691_zps3665900d.jpg

IMG_0690_zps801ae7d6.jpg

• Like 1

Most of us believe these two to be of the same vehicle. To my knowledge, there is only one other photograph of Stugs in Syrian active service before they became static pillboxes and IDF Artillery targets.

• 2 weeks later...

Duke,

Same here. I have the old Dragon 9021 kit (it comes with the Syrian markings). However, I will probably get one of their newer versions (6397, 6589) and use the decals from the older kit..

This kit really has been a joy. Other than the instructions and I should have mounted the mantlet before gluing the casemate on, it has been a real treat.

This kit really has been a joy. Other than the instructions and I should have mounted the mantlet before gluing the casemate on, it has been a real treat.

What a Dragon Kit with Instruction issues, NO WAY!

Chris G. :Smile_sceptic:

I know! I can handle all the mismarked parts. That I am used to since they started making Shermans over and over and over and using parts from one and another from another. But to actually miss parts that are on the sprues but not on the instructions really surprised me.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weeks progress. Not really much visible. Added stuff to the Commanders hatch. Added the intakes and attached a front track holder that was stolen from a Tamiya Panzer IIIN.

IMG_0736_zpsc7937969.jpg

IMG_0737_zps594b8208.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my Christmas gifts was seasons 1-6 of Castle and Mrs. Treadhead and I have been having a nightly Castlethon that has prevented me from building. However, I buckled down this weekend and almost have the Stug ready for paint. The TAHK DShK was broken in two places but I was able to repair it. I have only the shield to finish and I can get paint added to it. The Fruil track are also done.

IMG_0838_zpsf94e1c5f.jpg

IMG_0839_zpsb6a1417d.jpg

IMG_0840_zps93882e6e.jpg

IMG_0841_zpsb3184d8c.jpg

Ahh, Becket in her blue blazer when she walked into the Russian Poker Room was my thrill :smiley32: . Also at the Sci-Fi convention, the last scene. OOOFA. Hate those shoes though.

Oh the model, great work as usual my friend. What ever happened to the IDF M-12 you were working on? I couldn't find an update on it.

Oh man. You gotta get back on that M-12 my friend. That thing will look so cool.

Oh yeah! I can't wait to see more. Enjoy Castle though, it is a fantastic show!

AHH Another Castle Fan. MMy wife watches that every night. I'm so Castled out it's not funny. It's a good show but every night it gets old.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good Mark.