TAMIYA "DRAGON LOADER TANK TRANSPORT BUILD

papasmurf

This great kit was built 5 years ago, for one of my first clients. These are "almost done" production images, no decals yet. But I thought some of you might enjoy these!

draglodr_282_-443x314.jpg

draglodr_280_-429x315.jpg

draglodr_283_-443x324.jpg

draglodr_355_-429x324.jpg

Very nice build. :smiley20: I have been putting mine off for years. So much plastic, so little time.

Oh I hear you there! I have over 500 kits in stock, doubt I'll ever get a chance to build them all in this lifetime! :smiley16:

Nice.

Don't wait Chuck, it may have lots of parts but it pretty much builds it's self. Still one of my favorite builds.

Indeed, quite pleasurable to assemble. Was rated one of the "Top Ten Best Kits" for the year it was released, quite an honor! Same folks, honestly don't remember what organization, rated the Revell Germany Type VII-C U Boat kit, in their "Top Ten" a few years ago.

I gotta admit, a Tamiya or Bandai kit is hard to beat on quality and just plain "Well Engineered".

Especially Tamiya, my first choice for model kit quality. Perhaps a poll should be considered, "all Time Best Model Kit Company" as the topic of the poll.

Just a thought.....

Personally I think it could be rated as a top 10 kit of all times. The only thing I remember that did not fit was the PE exhaust shroud and that was just barely off.

I believe it has been rated as one of the top quality kits "Of all time", by several publications. The Winch section, in rear of the Cab, was a project in itself, a really "extreme" amount of parts detailing just in that section. And the Crewman, reading a newspaper, included in the kit, with headlines from the era, was a really superb touch!

It's a "Must Build" for Armor fans, Military builders, and just anyone who wants to try a really outstanding kit, just for the joy of it! :smiley20:

Archived